Travel and harvest

Hi all! It’s my first grow and I really appreciate all the great advice that is provided. Here’s my situation. I have to travel on July 16th thru 22nd which unfortunately looks like it falls in the anticipated harvest window. I’m freaking out to think that I have come this far and now I’m gonna blow it at the end. My questions. 1. based on the picture do you think this plant maybe good enough to harvest prior to the trip and if not will I be OK if the plants has to wait an additional week?

1 Like

@sticky1 welcome to the community. There are still a lot of white pistil’s let me tag a few growers @SKORPION @Covertgrower @PurpNGold74

5 Likes

In my limited experience, I’d say you have at least another 3 weeks left, maybe a bit more. Let’s tag a few more : @Bulldognuts, @Enlightened420 @Hoppiefrog?

3 Likes

Yup still way to soon to chop. Do you have someone you trust to water her while you are out? Id hate u to chop so early. Giving up ot of weight and potency

3 Likes

White pistils and clear trichs, agree with Kap and Purp.

4 Likes

4 weeks or More.

4 Likes

Before you go away you can put ice in your bucket being your in flower. Your a few weeks out from harvest.

1 Like

If your really afraid you can leave it in the dark with ice and when you get home you can harvest. It’ll still mature in the dark and everything it’s a form of stress training. Could actually be a good experiment?

I usually do this 4-5 days out from harvest but I’ve read where ppl actually keep the entire plant like this for up to two weeks. If that’s something your willing to try

:call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Seen people do an ice bath to shock the plant into finishing up, never done it myself but I have heard it works.

That’s been my flavor of the month since I tried it 2 grows ago! I’ve read where ppl actually leave it till it’s time to be jarred. Just let the whole damn plant dry completely out then they harvest and jar. I’m not trying that lol but leaving it a week or so huge difference! That been my experience hope it helps

1 Like

I just patiently wait on it to finish the extra time it means extra grams.

1 Like

This community is tight! - appreciate all the input. I’m gonna let them go! I have to figure the water thing out. Has anyone used a automated water dripper? How long can a plant need water before I run into problems? Thanks all.

PS - These seeds come from Mexico 8 years ago! figured it would be a good start … whats the next batch for the novice grower???

1 Like

Your way a week. You leave them in ice that should take 24-48 hours to melt and they should be fine 4 days without water before they get to stressed (again all depending on your environment) so in theory ice and enjoy your vacation they should be fine. Should but it is 2020 I would hold anything past 2020 lol

I’d be more concerned you having a power outage or something but again your gone a week and your in flower if they end up in more dark but your in flower so your ok. I’ve got a similar issue at the end of the month just gotta ride :call_me_hand:t4:

I agree your in mid flower by looks of the pics

2 Likes

There are many strains to chose from thats a good place to start. I researched and looked at multiple seed banks and strains. I ended up starting with white widow , good thc level , high resilence and very forgiving on mistakes. It was the only strain I saw recommended by every bank and person I asked. And they are almost always on sale, bought twenty should have them all done by the beginning of next year.

1 Like

Great recommendation! I actually avoided it thinking ‘blah… so played out…’ but honestly? It was AMAZING smoke and even easier to grow. I had ILGM WWA (the auto) and it had the wildest terps… kind of citrusy fruity sprite like. Underrated hybrid high. Definitely would grow again. Leave the purples for when u get more experience… they tend to be nute and environmentally finicky. Super Silver Haze was another fun one. Grew like a weed. Took everything i threw at her

2 Likes

See there approved by not one but two country boys, can’t get any better than that. I also started with the autos.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help!