Transplanting help!

Hey folks!

I’ve got a couple of plants I’m planning to put into the ground asap.

I’ve been biding my time to wait until they are big enough. I’ve read that they need to have at least 5 nodes before they can be in the ground - is that right?

I’m not sure how healthy they’re looking either. One has droopy leaves and the other has had two fan leaves dry out to a crisp. White pistols have started shooting on the bigger one too.

Do you recommend putting these in the ground as they are or waiting? Or shall I put them in bigger pots before putting them in the ground? They are in very small pots so not sure if they will get any bigger.

Any tips are much appreciated!

Happy smoking

I

3 Likes

They are stretching for light. Are they outside all day? Put them in bigger pots, and bury them up to the cotes.

5 Likes

Plants are likely pot-bound and need transplanting. They also could use more light than they’ve been getting so my vote is: into the ground! If prepping soil stay away from soils not optimized for cannabis. If nothing else get one optimized for tomatoes. Products like Miracle Gro are a no-no.

4 Likes

Or straight in the ground too! I grow outside just not in ground. But @Myfriendis410 deeeeeefinitely has the experience

3 Likes

My outside has all MJ Bag soil (in planter bag or mixed in some ground, can’t dig much).
Bag sits on ground soil.

In ground

in ground

2 Likes

Back in the guerilla days we prepped the hole and dropped seeds straight into it!
Of course those were the bag seed days long before seed banks were a thing - or they were just starting in Holland at least. All cash and took months to get the seeds and we were broke kids! So that was out of the question!
We’d drop 8-10 seeds in the hole kinda spaced out a little and after a few weeks pull whatever was smaller than the biggest! It was still a crap-shoot as far as sex went though.
Feminized seeds hadn’t even been invented yet! LOL!

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 @Tylersays @Borderryan22 hey guys thanks for your advice. I transplanted the plants a month ago and they’ve acclimatised well. I’m just a bit concerned about this white/yellow dots on the leaves - does this look like some sort of critter is eating away at them? If so what should I do? I’ve sprayed them a couple of times with Neem oil.

Also does anyone have any experience growing Black Domina Fem and Blue Mango

1 Like

Take a look at the undersides of leaves up against the stem: looks like spider mites and that’s where they lurk.

Badly affected leaves should be removed and discarded away from plants. I hate Neem oil and prefer two products: Captain Jack’s Dead Bug Brew and Safer Caterpillar Killer. Both use a bacterium (Spinosad and BtK) and target different pest vectors. Spray weekly all the way to harvest. You need to worry about caterpillar infestation when in flower as they will burrow into flower and cause bud rot. Fine mesh plant screen bags can be used and they are cheap: it’s the best way to keep bugs off of your plants IMO.

3 Likes

I will add that outside it can help to spray other plants in the general area to knock down the population. Spinosad and BTK both work slowly by attacking the nervous system of the bugs so it doesn’t kill them instantly. By treating a larger area you will kill some that would migrate before they get to your plants.
Just fyi, spinosad will also kill bees so you might try to avoid spraying flowers that bees are actively visiting.

1 Like

Sorry just seeing this. Looks like they got you covered!

2 Likes