Transplanting blueberry autos

This is my first grow and I am nervous. I planted my blueberry auto seeds in Styrofoam cups because my 5 gal fabric pots won’t be here until tomorrow. When they sprout when is the best time to transplant? I heard blueberry autos are real delicate and I don’t want to screw anything up.what is the best way and time to transplant my blueberry autos? I thought of simply cutting down the sides of the cup and slowly pulling it off? Can anyone help me?

What type of medium is it In?
@quesodip26

1 Like

I would just be very easy and delicate as you can and you should be fine, did I understand correctly that the fabric pot will be it’s final home? Autos don’t like to be transplanted from what I have read, but if you do it carefully and gently you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Could you upload a picture of the bb in question? Thanks
Diesel

1 Like

Also check out you tube if possible. That’s usually where I turn when I need to watch someone do it. I hope this helps. Just search transplanting mmj. Good luck and keep us updated brother

2 Likes

Go be careful and youll be great also and this is just me i start my autos in final home but as i seen in your post above you didnt have the smart pots yet keep us up to date live to see how they turn out

2 Likes

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast… you got this brother.

2 Likes

They are in ffof. I kno it is hot for auto seeds. Will they sprout? I used the water in cup method to germinate them. When they sunk to the bottom of cup I planted them. I have plastic baggy on covering both cups to keep soil moist. Is that too much humidity?

@Hawkeye_diesel They are already in foxfarm soil @Brian091180 They have been in the Styrofoam cups since 12:00 am today. I heard it can take up to 7 days. Is that true? @Brian091180

1 Like

Of yes for sure check out my Narco Purp grow or My blue knight grow to be honest any of my grows on here some are half ffof and half happy frog most just fox farms ocean forest
Just use PH water 6.5 in spray bottle 3 pumps few times daily i do it when i wake then when i get home from work that is it

2 Likes

@quesodip26 i would not transplant until you get some good roots growing,the ffof is a bit hot its always good to start in just potting soil.

2 Likes

So did you already start them in ffof and was asking if they will be okay thats how i took it …

1 Like

@BIGE has given good advice, he and @Brian091180 have way more experience so your in good hands

2 Likes

I had to reread everything i thought he was asking about seeds already in ffof not what to use to start seed ive always used happy frog and or ffof half and half

1 Like

How long has it been in cups could be a few days before they pop up just keep soil moist not wet keep the bag on as well they will show up keep faith

2 Likes

@quesodip26 hey man i am just about to finish up 4 blueberry autos that are about 80 days old now and as far as transplanting them, i would keep them in the Styrofoam cups until they get about 6-10 inches tall and have established good roots, then transplant it into your final pots. When you transplant, first dig a hole in the soil of your final pot that is the same size as the styrofoam cup and with the stem of the seedling between your middle and index finger flip the cup over and all the soil along with roots should then fall out of the cup. (The plant will be facing upside down at this point)
If it does not fall out, gently tap the sides of cup and you should be able to pull it right off the soil and roots. I hope this is of some help too you. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. We are all here to help! Here is a pic of what you have to look forward too

-Pbs

3 Likes

That’s why I love this community, everyone helps in their own way with their experiences. Y’all are all awesome.
@pbs86 nice lookin ladies

@quesodip26, if you need anythin just holler
Diesel