Transplanting Advice

I have five Jack Herer seeds that I sprouted in solo cups using dirt. Can I transplant these into DWC bubbler buckets by just removing them from the cups, and surrounding them with clay pebbles? Thanks

Not sure. I’m starting my DWC soon but hadn’t considered that because I use plugs. @DoobieNoobie @Grandaddy013 do hydro. They can help us.

1 Like

I planned to use dirt initially but was just toying with the idea of putting one in a bubbler dwc bucket. I never tried hydro before and am wanting to check it out. I think I will try to move one and see how it does. Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

No problem. Just my two cents, I don’t see why you couldn’t. As long as the plant is propogated and doesn’t fall over you should be fine.

1 Like

No… wash all of the dirt off of the roots…
Roots need to be as clean as possible or else you will end up with all kinds of problems and more then likely plant death…
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I thought that’s what he meant. Remove them from the soil completely and move them to DWC. Just to elaborate what problems can soil in your bubbler do to a plant? Just curious.

1 Like

There’s all kinds of different bacteria and organisms in the soil… most of them bad and once you start pumping oxygen into the water they will take off like a wild fire…
Also the soil will hold on to too much water and drown the plant…
It’s bad for more reasons than I can explain…
But hey , if you want to try it , go for it… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ve NEVER done it, but I’ve seen it done on video. When you take them out of the cups, you must wash all the soil off the roots

2 Likes

Once you start toying with hydro you’ll never go back.

2 Likes

Yes…easy to do…IF…done carefully.

have cage ready to take seedling. carefully remove soil…best if done in a small bowl of water. gently wash off the dirt…move to cage, pull as many roots tru the cage mesh(if possible) slowly carefully add the clay pellets till covers most of stem. soft foam disks can be used to support the seedling until the roots take off.
Important to NOT let roots get dry, smushed or torn…duh
would be a good idea to top often for a couple of weeks…till roots reach out of the cage.

1 Like