Transplant wilt

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - Bag seed unknown strain
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF Soil is FFOF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths 5 gal bucket
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) water at 6.2
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable n/a
  • Indoor or Outdoor Outdoor
  • Light system Sun
  • Temps; Day, Night Day 65-75 Night 48
  • Humidity; Day, Night 37% day unknown night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size n/a
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, n/a
  • Co2; Yes, No n/a

I transplanted a 4 week old plant with the above for a reference, plant drooped within just a few minutes in the sun, I immediately removed for the full sun into the shade. No root damage the system was quite small my 3 inches from the base of the plant. Added a full gallon of water as recommended in the grow Bible. Will she recover? or have I doomed her?

1 Like

I don’t know how long ago it was moved from direct sunlight and watered. I would give it some time to bounce back.

1 Like

@Jstandring welcome to the forum mate , not looking to bad, in future start in a 3 inch pot if not auto :slight_smile: good luck mate good start, :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d say she’ll recover pretty quickly given the shade. You will probably have to harden her off to the outside conditions, if she hasn’t already.

She should bounce back without issue. For future reference, adding mycorrhizae (great white and mykos are some brands) to your transplant hole and the root ball before setting the plant in it will prevent the transplant shock.

I would like to add that any plant that is just being introduced to real sunlight should be hardened off for a few days. The best way is under a partially shady tree that allows early morning sun to touch but only patchy afternoon sun. The other good way is a small open ended poly tunnel some cheap poly scraps and some coat hanger half hoops works fine. After a few days give them half a day of full sun ideally the morning half, then after a week they should good to go.

Its gonna bounce back. FFOF can be hard on a plant that size but not likely fatal. Biggest issue i see is that 48f at night, thats not good for it and might stunt it. Id keep tthat sucker above 60.

1 Like

Yeah, 48F at night is going to be a problem.

FYI- the mystery plant snapped out of its droop and is looking awesome!! both plants took to the transplant and are loving their new FFOF.