Transplant my plants outside?

How tall should my plants be before i plant them outdoors?

1 Like

@Abby For me the outside isnā€™t as much about plant height as it is about ā€˜hardeningā€™ the plant to be able to endure all day exposure to the suns intense rays. I typically do field trips over a period of days to monitor their reactions and based on those results determine when to transplant. Good luck, I hope this helps some. :+1:t2::green_heart::seedling:

6 Likes

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Would you leave them in the pot outside first for a while to see how plants do. Then if they do well transplant them. I have a raised garden and vegetables are doing great. Not sure how my plants will react.

1 Like

@Abby I tote mine back n forth in containers until I feel confident they wonā€™t get baked while Iā€™m away from the house. Then I drop them into my flowerbeds to blend in with the natives lol.

Iā€™ll tote mine back and forth then. They are delicate and I donā€™t want them to burn in the hot sun. Theyā€™re doing great inside now but i want to try a couple plants outside. Thanks!

1 Like

I usually put mine outside in a shaded area and over 4 days slowly move them in to full sunlight works for me good luck

I like that idea, ill try a shady spot to start. Thanks!

I have a bunch of clones that I take in and out daily. They are in 4" pots. In the morning, they wake at 5am under a T5 light. When I get up and if itā€™s not pissing rain, I take them outside. At night, I bring them in and back under the light until 11pm. This pic from a month ago shows my seedling/cloning setup. Yes, cuttings placed straight in a jar of water, cut the tips off the leaves. Three weeks later they have rooted and get planted.

Once they grow too big for the dome, they stay outside. These did the in/out daily routine for a couple of weeks until I didnā€™t have room for them as others were coming along so they now stay outside full time. Which is why they arenā€™t in the seedling tray anymore! I still move them to chase the sun, what little weā€™ve had this year!

This new batch planted Friday are now doing the in/out dance. None of my clones have seen the inside of a tent since they were cut. Windowsill in the jar, then under T5 and outside.

Hoping 4 will see the tent when my budding plants finish, but that wonā€™t be for a couple more months!

Thanks for sharing! I definitely want to try cloning plants. My plants are only 4 weeks and started more seeds this week. May i ask, your favorite plant is? Do you like autoflower plants? Iā€™m going to move plants outside and see how they doā€¦then back inside at night.

@Abby my favourite is Death Bubba, a local creation thatā€™s hard to get seeds for, but I have found clones on Craigslist. Super sticky, stinky, and potent! My son-in-law has a cutting from her, and I hope to get a couple back so I ca continue growing this strain. Here is one of 4 that got chopped Xmas day, all 4 totalled12.5 oz of dried bud.

The Dutch Treat that I have budding in my tent is a nice-looking plant as far as her shape and willingness to train, and looks like se will be a good yielder. The 9lb Hammer I have should be renamed to 9Ft Hammer! She is a stretch monster. Iā€™ll see what her clones do outside, but I donā€™t know if Iā€™d select her again for indoor. I havenā€™t finished these 2 strains yet so donā€™t know what the flavour will be or yield.

I do have an auto in my tent right now, a Bruce Banner. I only grew this as I am running out of smoke, and hoped it would finish before I did! Nope, I have 2 DB buds left and she has 2 weeks to finish, plus dry and cure time. I ad to hit the dispensary for an OZ and will probably have to get 1 or 2 more before she is cured.

I prefer the control you have with photoperiod plants. ā€œWe are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical.ā€ If you want a small plant, flip the light schedule early. If you want a monster, donā€™t flip for 3 months! You can clone photos and save $10/seed. Downside is that you grow that strain or two. Not a bad thing if itā€™s one you like!

Autos do what autos do, the advantage is that you can grow them on 20/4 start to finish and just replace a finished one with a baby one. They are faster than photos (generally). You can grow an auto with a photo and they are happy with the photo light schedule.

Iā€™ve done White Widows and Bruce Banners previously, both photos, liked both a lot too!

Iā€™ve never heard of that strain but it looks amazing. Iā€™m hoping for the best and will try cloning. Iā€™ve got a long ways to go before i have bud. Thanks for sharing your pictures and information! :wink::heart:

From googleā€¦
Death Bubba, also known as ā€œD Bubba,ā€ is an indica marijuana strain made by crossing Death Star with Bubba Kush. The result is a pungent strain that produces semi-sedating effects. Death Bubba is known to cause couchlock, so be sure to use this strain when you have nothing important to do. Medical marijuana patients choose this strain to help unknot tension and relieve physical discomfort associated with chronic pain. Death Bubba tastes sweet, earthy and clean on the palate while the aroma is stinky and skunky. Growers say this strain has beautiful purple hues with trichomes and terpenes abound. Itā€™s an indica-dominant hybrid (70% indica/30% sativa) with an insanely high THC level of between 25% to 27%.

And ILGM even has a review of it!