Humidity; Day, Night
?

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Open grow space

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Cool most humidifier

Co2; Yes, No
No

One of my best plants’ stems turned purple last time I watered so I thought I over watered. Five days later, soil is dry, stems are still purple. So I read that it might be suffocating or root bound. So I decided to transplant her. Turned out, yeah, her roots were a mess, so I made a mess of her transplant, and I’m just gonna cross my fingers she survives.

Now my issue is her sister, same age, same size, same soil, same light, same type of pot. She’s starting to get purple, too. Should I try to transplant her now even though her roots are going to make that really tricky, or can she make it as she is another month until I can get her outside?

2 Likes

@Lia have you checked the strain to see if it’s genetic?

What pot is she in now? Is it a soft cloth pot that you’re concerned about?

The soft pot is the 5 gallon I transferred the first purpling one into. I’m sure I caused some shock because when I turned her upside down, the roots stayed tangled and fell apart. If she recovers, I think she’ll be fine there.

The second one in still in a shallow pot, but I’m not sure how I’ll get her out without destroying her roots, too. Here’s a wider shot of her in her weird shaped pot next to a normal shaped pot.

1 Like

I have eight of the same strain, only one turned purple before and that was from overwatering. When she dried out, she turned green again.

2 Likes

Oh OK I’m just an amateur I know my stems were purple for a while then turned green so I guess that was why😉 you taught me something @Lia

I only learned it because I asked here! :yum:

2 Likes

@lia good luck getting her out of there. What size pot (gallons) is that would you estimate?

1 Like

I think she’ll been fine
Are you transplanting to smart pots
Me i tend to just put them in there forever home a week or two after sprouting makes it easy and less stress but ive only been growing a year this month

Hi @Lia.

I have never been a big fan of transplanting. The best you can do is try to be as gentle as possible. Make sure you water it before transplanting. If you have some Micrrohrizae it might help her get over the transplant shock. Just sprinkle some in the hole before placing the plant it.

I have usually planted in the final pot and let it grow into it. Especially with the fabric pots now, the aeration and drainage is so much better. I ran most of my veg grows with no nutes at all. Then when you start flowering, there is not a huge build up of nutes. Also allows better control of pH because you can over water and all it will do is keep the pH more normalized.

So far I haven’t had a plant stress from root problems but many times from pH ! Good luck to you! Jerry

1 Like

Maybe two gallons?

I’ll let her lie for now unless something gets much worse.

Thanks, y’all.

1 Like

Depending on your grow space, a WW (I assume fem) will self limit t about 48 ". I did one topping to the ones I grew and they were well contained inn a 2x4x5foot tent. I used a three gallon pot.

1 Like

Holy cow, my disaster victim made it through the night. Still purple, but I think she’s gonna survive!

2 Likes

Your plants will be just fine …I always find it a little amusing for all the new Growers that are so gentle with dealing with their plants and I can understand I was that way too… but now I’m at the far end of the spectrum and I’ve taken plants out of soil and hosed the crap out of the dirt and The Roots Till There was barely any Roots left on it… on four foot tall plants and stuffed them into a hydro system and within a week and a half to two weeks not only did it look like it wasn’t going to die but then it had 3 gallons worth of new roots … these little suckers can take a lot of abuse before you actually kill them… your girls are looking good and you shouldn’t have any problems… next time try to add a little water to the planter before you decide to transplant it may keep the soil held together a little bit better… but in the end you usually can’t kill them by transplanting unless you do something horribly horribly wrong …good luck girlie… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

@Lia Oh ye of little Faith! I’m with @peachfuzz and @TxGrowman probably agrees too that they are pretty stout plants!

Looking great today. Lots going on under the soil so probably no real activity above ground for a couple days or so!

BTW the other one in the two gallon pot, might be able to go full term in that if you want to? Generally the rule is 3 gallons for Autos and 5 gallons for the photoperiods. She won’t reach her full potential in that one though…

1 Like

I’ve grown trees, flowers, and food, no problem, but never anything inside. Usually, it’s: plant, water, grow, enjoy. All this stuff with lights and pH and humidity… :astonished: I just want to keep them alive til the snow melts and I can get them out to the sun for nature to take over.

Still less complicated than trying to go through the medical system, tho. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You couldn’t have said it better dude! I always get that smile when I read about “problems” going on. Most aren’t really anything to worry about, the plants wants to grow, so it’s almost hard to kill it, in my opinion.

Great job though @Lia way to stick with it!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Hahaha. Yep if I had to put this much attention to my mater ants they’d never have made it lol

We did both.
Mainly because I didn’t want to wait till May for my harvest. Going thru the mmj system wasn’t all that bad though and the dispensary where we go isn’t bad. It cost a few $$ to get it all and you do have to maintain a relationship with the doctor with bi-annual appointments.