Transparent trichomes and amber at the same time

Hi guys.

It’s my first plant.
It has 8 or 9 weeks of indoor flowering. HPS lamp, soil and fertilizer BioBizz, pot 25L and unknown seed.
The trichomes still look transparent but you can already see some amber / oranges.
I wanted a more mental and less corporal effect.
Should I harvest now?

You may be checking the leaves (which will show amber early) because that flower on the right looks to have over a month to go.

4 Likes

How close is your light? Amber is fried THC (now canabanol - CBN). Could be cause by temperatures being too high.

2 Likes

Lamp HPS 150W to 15cm from the top of the plant and 60cm from the buds that are in the photos. Temperature 28.C by day.

1 Like

Yes, only a few leaves have the amber color. But they are the smallest leaves inside the buds.

It will be the buds u look at they will be clear at this stage in flowering.

2 Likes

They will turn from this

To this if you give them time. No need to check trichs until the pistils start receding

12 Likes

@BobbyDigital is right on the money you probably have 6-8 weeks still to go or more @Mike.4 the time table is just a estate when it says 8-10 week flower time

6 Likes

How is going @MacGyverStoner

1 Like

Just stayin’ busy in the Lab. Saw the title to this question and caught my attention. I see everyone helped this member out very well.

happy growing guys,

MacG

7 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah it still has a few weeks for sure

3 Likes

Thank you very much. So I should not worry about the tricomes getting amber right?

2 Likes

Not the ones on the leafs when the pistols change orange look at the buds not the leafs :wink: your on your way to a beautiful plant

4 Likes

Hi. Thank you very much. The most recent buds actually have very white pistils. But look at these older ones. Very brown. Would not they be ready to be harvested? They have more amber trichomes than the others.

2 Likes

@Mike.4 You still have a a few weeks and there gonna get a lot fatter you want your pistils to to turn mostly amber and start to shrink. Then look at the trichs on the buds not the sugar leaves. Your looking really good. @dbrn32 can tell you if you have enough light. Welcome to the best place you can be!! :v::call_me_hand::+1:

2 Likes

There bulking up if you wait it will be a lot better and we’ll worth the wait ! If you take it now you will lose a lot of weight it will work some but be mediocre compared to if you wait a few weeks we are not trying to give you bad advice it’s a game of Patients you have to be very patient growing

6 Likes

I agree with the others. A little patience here will pay off.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 Not my area of expertise but isn’t 150w hps a little small?

1 Like

Deep breath like these guys or telling you be patient and quit looking at the sugar leaf. Look at the bud itself not the leaves!! It will always show amber on the sugar leaf first and you will harvest early almost every time!! Good luck and happy growing!!

3 Likes