Transitioning veg to flower

I have just recently started the flowering stage. as I hope it worked.
I read lot on the transition, and some put the plant in 24 hrs of dark then 12 on 12 off. others have just went to 12/12 without the 24 hr period of dark. both worked.

now I decided to try the 24 hr dark. and as of this morning 12/12 has started.
my question is… how will I kno that she transitioned correctly or if I fucked it up some how and stays in the veg state.

Unless there’s something wrong with your plants they won’t stay in veg on a 12/12 cycle. It may take a couple days to see pistils, but you’re on the right track.

2 Likes

Where you see new leaf development you’ll see pistil clusters that’s when you know your officially in flower mode

2 Likes

thanks!!! crazy cuz these gals where bag seeds. literally!! haha.
I threw couple ina pot of soil. and didn’t think none of it.
but two of em sprouted. shocked, I happily gave them their own home. and believe it or not, this is them almost 4 months in veg state.
grew slowly, and were outside majority of the time.
cold weather opted me to put them inside, closet with a light and air flow.
but cause they grew slow I gave them lot more time in veg state.
I decided 4 months was long enough. lol.
and tried the day of dark. have a timer set so it get no more than 12 hours.

4 Likes

If the seeds are of unknown origin you will need to be vigilant these first two weeks of flowerIng, keeping an eye out for any male parts.

The males tend to mature quicker and grow taller to increase their chances of pollination. They have very easy to spot grape-like clusters of pollen sacks. If you spot something like that developing you need to remove the plant right away, take a picture, and come back for a second opinion.

Good luck and may you have twin girls.

2 Likes

thanks!!! hoping do as well. I’ve looked at them every day several times too.
I have loads of pics from start to now. but I’ll have to get some close ups when I arrive home from my doctor appointment. haha.

1 Like

Nice looking girls

1 Like

I feel like they very spaced between branches… idk why. this is them as of this morning!!! growing like Champs since switching… couple days it’ll be 2 weeks in!!!

1 Like

There can be quite a bit of stretch the first 3 weeks of flowering, but lack of intense lighting is making it stretch more than usual. You really need to get a better grow light.

2 Likes

@amandamouth; Like @Hellraiser said. :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

2 Likes