Transitioning from vegetation to flower (dark period)

Good, so there are preflowers! Yay!

Happy growing!

2 Likes

Question how long can I continue to veg with pre flowers showing they are just some bag seeds from a no name chronic i bought i would like to go another 2 weeks before switching.g to 12/12 is that ok I’m still pretty green @blackthumbbetty @raustin @Happy_Pappy

1 Like

So that plant is how tall?

You most certainly can veg longer. However, with the size of your cabinet, you’ll want to be careful with how tall you let them get in veg.

Those 3 bag seeds I posted about? I flipped 2 of them at 4wks, when they were less than 6" tall. 2 weeks later, they are now nearing 36" tall. They’re almost taller than my almost ready to harvest strawberry cheesecake!

That flowering stretch is no joke. :relaxed:

1 Like

My lights put out little to almost to no heat so I keep them fairly close to try and keep a low bushy plant the tallest right now is 5in and the other 2 are 3 1/2in I’m about to do a update with some new pics open to any suggestions so please check it out @blackthumbbetty

Remember they stretch out as well as up. In that grow area, you still need to watch how big you let them get in veg.

Good luck with your grow. I hope all continues going well.

2 Likes

One is 6in one is 4in and one is 3 1/2in

@blackthumbbetty @raustin @Happy_Pappy @neckNflu here are some updated pics do you think 2 more weeks of veg is a bad idea I have about 2 more feet of grow space with lights all the way up and 2 more cfls in flex desk lamps for sides and is plant one already forming a cola I’m still in 18/6

20180325_015803|374x500

3 Likes

I really think with 3 plants in such a small space, w/o any training, in very small pots, you should flip them, soon. Think about how quickly they’re already growing. When you flip, they will double or triple in size during the flowering stretch.

1 Like

Don’t eat that. That’s not the right kind I don’t think.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s time to flip, especially if you don’t have a lot of vertical space.

1 Like

I personally don’t put them in a dark period prior to switching the cycle. I’ve tried switching right to 12/12 and also have switched gradually reducing the amount of light down throughout a week and a half. I didn’t notice much of a difference to Ben honest.