Trainwreck Indoor Grow Journal

Yeah, I would. It helps break down and wash out salt build up. :v:

1 Like

I read that taco’d leaves can be a sign of poor pH too… But am a bit hesitant to bother checking pH of water with fertilizer. Would I check it before and then add the nutes?

Check after all nutes are added and use within 24 hours. Ph range for soil is 6.3-6.8

1 Like

I’m fairly certain I know what these mean, but I’m holding out a last bit of hope… Are these hermie / male seed pods? @raustin @MattyBear

Hard to tell in that light. Can you take some in natural light?

Sorry for the poor quality, it isn’t big enough for my phone to properly focus on.

In the third picture you can just barely see what looks like a pointed ball on the end of a rod… Pretty similar to what I see being males on other posts and sites. Is there any benefit to completely growing a hermied plant, will it still produce something smokeable? I don’t mind picking out seeds and then using the leftover as a base for edibles.

1 Like

Looks male to me, but I’m still not 100% sure from my eyes

1 Like

The pics really aren’t close enough to see.

@sweet_quiche looks male to me. But it won’t hurt to wait awhile be sure.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any substantial change, but the thing that’s concerning is the ball on a stick. Is that typically a trait of a hermie / male? Also, in the instance of finding that it is a hermie - should I grow them out? Can you still get usable, if seedy bud from a hermie plant?

Yes u can get seedy bud with a lower potency. The biggest concern is pollinating any other plants within a few miles.

2 Likes

Jeez, miles? I wouldn’t have guessed that serious of a range…

Oh ya u can pollinate plants well over a mile

2 Likes

Pollen can travel up to 5 miles outdoor so be careful for your fellow growers around towns sake lol

2 Likes

Never knew it was that bad! I always wantd one auto male just to bag his pollen n eliminate seed banks… looks like that plan is gone for the foreseeable future (3+ tents minimum)

So I have a few more pictures, hopefully better quality! It’s these little balls on sticks looking things that concern me…

So far, those just look like callyx, but post another pic tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks for keeping the hope alive! I’ll post another pic tomorrow.

1 Like

I’ve had a few females that had a few calyx’s with long stems before. I will say that I checked them extra closely because most of my plants don’t do that lol. All turned out fine in the end :v:

2 Likes