Trainwreck Autos Grow Journal

Well I’m really under powered with lights but I’m going through with it anyways. I germinated 5 Trainwreck auto flowers(With this being my first grow I imagine I’ll kill at least one along the way). 4 went without a problem one didn’t want to crack so I tossed it back in a cup of water over night and by morning it had split and the root was coming out so I moved it back to the paper towel this morning. The other 4 I put into soil, the 5th one should be ready for soil by the morning so it will only be about a day behind.

2 Likes

Good start. Invest in a good light. Your burple light likely will not cut it. @dbrn32 is you man to make a suggestion, but Horticultural lighting group has kits that many here use. Lights are BY FAR the most important factor to good yield.

2 Likes

I can certainly help with lights if/when you’re ready.

@dbrn32 Can I pm you? I bought these lights to get started as I’m sure you know buying everything at the start is pricey I do plan to upgrade to QBs.

I got by using the burple for my first grow, but didn’t yield much 1-2 oz plant with 3 plants. You won’t be able to mature 5 plants to full potential yield under it though. You could veg with the bpl and get a good light for the flower. You have options. Keep us updated and we will help you through all of the processes. Tag ppl with @name if you think they can help. Welcome!

@WickedAle honestly if get 3-4oz of decent smoke I’ll be happy cause these autos have a short turn around. Would I like more of course but I will be upgrading.

It’s not an initially cheap hobby but once you have all of the required equipment you will get 1/2 lb+ per seed. Don’t get discouraged. Keep posting as you go and we’ll help out. Don’t go crazy with the additives initially. Keep it simple with a basic nutrient package.

@dbrn32 I plan to have a QB for each plant. Which light would you recommend to power one plant?

1 Like

Also good places to purchase in Canada if possible.

1 Like

I can help you here. I’m not exactly sure what is easiest access in Canada that makes sense, but I know there are a few diyers up there.

@anon46981397 @HJL @blasting can you help a neighbor out

1 Like

@dbrn32 I’ve been looking at the 135 QBV2 kit. That comes with a

• 1x QB288 Board with 288pcs Samsung 561C top bin Diodes
  • 1x Slate 2 Predrilled 340mm Heatsink
  • Meanwell HLG-120H-54A LED Driver. 93.5% Driver Efficiency
  • 6FT Nema 5-15P 16/3 SJTW NA Power Cord or equivalent for standard 120VAC with cable connector
  • 2ft solid core Wire, 2x Wago Connectors for DC wiring
  • Hanger Clips
2 Likes

So that’s 4 to 5 of those in a 5x5 grow tent. I may purchase a bigger tent farther down the road but just for ease of movement inside the tent, which is why im planning for each plant to have its own QB.

2 Likes

Digikey was by far the most pleasant of experiences in canada I have had yet as for the QB kits no choice is reliable except the hlg Canadian site, has crap deals but for about the same cost as stocking my tents with QBs I stocked with a wicked diy led setup

2 Likes

I believe by most standards it would be 6 288 boards per 5x5 to do it “good”. If you plan on specifically having a light per plant setup, there wouldn’t be any harm in grabbing 4 and running a grow or two and checking results. That may be more than enough for you.

3 Likes

After about 2 days in the soilmy first sign of life has shown itself.

Not sure how it ended up so far off to the side. They were all planted dead centre in the cups. Hoping this won’t be a problem as they will be moved into larger pots after a week or 2

2 Likes