Total Newbie Here - Grow Pot Size?

Hi Everyone - I’ve been a consumer for many years and now that it’s legal in my state decided to give growing for my use a shot. I’ve got three VERY healthy 3 week old plants grown from seed in a closet with LED’s. My concern is I might have under estimated their pot size. Right now they are in 2gal smart pots. Do I need to go larger? I keep seeing 3, 5gal and up. I can see fitting 3gal but I might have trouble fitting larger than that. Thoughts? The plants as feminized auto skunks. Thanks and so glad this community is here! I’ve learned so much so far:) Chris

1 Like

Hey there @step1107 I believe most use 5 gal
I don’t think your supposed to transplant autos much
Maybe @Majiktoker could answer this better for you if 3 gal pots are ok

3 Likes

It’s always better to go larger. 5 gal should do you just fine.

Will

4 Likes

Hi @step1107 :person_raising_hand::relaxed:, can you be more specific about the size of your closet ! ? I personnaly grow in a 2×2×8 closet and can easely fit three even four 5 gallon fabric pot.

Hoping that’s helping you :innocent: :v:

1 Like

Thanks for all for the quick responses! Looks like 5gal is where I need to be. I think their still small enough to transplant easily.

It’s a good thing for me you brought that up cause i didn’t know it was a closet…lmao

Thank You Niala

Will

2 Likes

I agree with @garrigan62 5 gallon will be fine

2 Likes

Lol I was typing when you have answer and put an hold on mine to stir my spaghetti sauce and reply just to see you and @Countryboyjvd1971 have been quicker lol​:joy::sweat_smile:

My pleasure Will :innocent::+1::v:

2 Likes

And how was the spaghetti sauce lol

Will

1 Like

Just ordered my 5gal grow bags. Thanks again everyone! I’m sure I’ll have more questions. :grinning:

2 Likes

Perfect :+1::ok_hand::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::innocent: It’s smell and taste soooo good :wink::innocent:

1 Like

I’ll be wright there…wait I can’t i’m on a lab top DARN IT ALL I LOVE SPAGHETTI…LOL

Will

2 Likes

I will put some extra in some of the Mason jar before tight seal them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink::innocent:

Lol :sweat_smile: :wink: I will save you some :wink::innocent::smile:

What the sause or you harvest…lol

1 Like

Both that’s the secret ingredient :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Lmao

Ok back on topic…

Will

1 Like

your to funny…and thats a good thing

Will

1 Like

Thats fine you just ask away and i will help you no problem at all glade to help

Will

1 Like

BTW - Here’s a pic of the gang

7 Likes