Total newb making soil for in ground outdoor plants

All day sun so should I buy the fox farms stuff to put in my holes or just some perlite

Friday night in Missouri

I’ve never used perlite in ground, only in pots for drainage. I treat my outdoor grows like any other plant. I mix native soil with an inground soil conditioner and let them have at it. I like to water in the mornings and feed similar to my indoor grows. I can tag you in my journal if you’d like to skim through my outdoor stuff.

3 Likes

Definitely tag me

1 Like

Could you tag. E as well. Thanks in advance

How far from stl are you

I’m in south west mo

1 Like

What about fox farms soil conditioner 50/50 with my soil

I haven’t used it. Is it an inground mix? I use FFOF and FFHF and to be honest they are frustrating the shit outta me.

Cool. I used to fish that way when i lived in fayetteville. Now im bout 40 mins east of columbia. I wish i had your soil. Here is mostly brownish red clay. Im looking for a way to make this better to grow. This year i plan on 1 gallon bags in a hole i use auger and drop them in. Last year i did this with coco and results were ok but watering every day was a drag. Looking for a better way.

1 Like

My original plan was 1part ffof 1 part ffhf 1 part my soil and 20%perlite maybe I’m overthinking it

This year we are legal so game on lol

2 Likes

I fish a lot on table rock

I like what @Myfriendis410 mentioned about the peat

But honestly your soil looks great. I don’t use peat. Don’t plant in a low spot where rain will want to accumulate and puddle for extended periods. Wet and dry cycles is key.

3 Likes

I think my spot will go through cycle’s nicely I may try pro mix with peat though it’s cheap

1 Like

Just found this on Etsy will this be a safe amendment im thinking 1per 5 gal of soil

Started some work on my soil today it looks pretty good but it definitely needs peat it compact’s easily

4 Likes

Scraped up about 10 cubic feet of good soil and started digging some holes the ground here holds moisture very well

3 Likes

Ok in the last week I have learned so much this is the best forum ever thank you @HippieRunner1 for all your input you are the man when it comes to organic soil “Happy Soil Happy Plant”

1 Like

Yes …That beer is very essential while doing any kind of work… :laughing: Ah a nice cold one!!

1 Like