Topping White Widow Auto

Dont be afraid to top your autos this is a 21 day old WW auto its been top/fem once and i miss a little so i still have a center cola come up and a some lst :v:

6 Likes

Can u list your light set up ,soil ,and,nutes on this plant. Thanks

And light schedule. I know this journal isnt about that per se’ but i like the veg production and was comparing it to my grow.i thinking mine wont be as developed as yours @ 2 weeks. @hillcrest21678 are you honestly telling me that Auto is only 3 weeks old .Wha’DA-FREAKN-HELL . Mine are inly a few inches tall and smaller than my hand at that point ,and NO i dont have Giant Hands either

think these were mine at 3 weeks. Of course i have to consider mine was a shanti grow to start with, weak lights and such

1 Like

Ya that’s nice and big for 3 weeks mine is right at three weeks from seed.

1 Like

I’ve got mine in 5-gallon buckets, about 40% topsoil, 35% perlite, and 25% MiracleGro regular potting soil. No nutes yet, but I use MiracleGro All-Purpose (24-8-16) for veg and Schultz’s Bloom Plus (10-54-10) for bloom. Stays right at 50% humidity, 77-85F temps, 24-hour lighting, MarsHydro300 (140W), and a 2nd one to kick in for bloom. I also have a 15W 2700K CFL and 19W 6500K CFL pointed at this until the shoots are up.

1 Like

Looks like 3 nice shoots! Very nice. So I kinda got a half-FIM! :wink:

"Schultz’s Bloom Plus (10-54-10) for bloom. "

I know you like your nutes…just saying…most of us tend to go for a higher third number as flowering progresses. The first number helps stems, the middle number helps with roots, the last one helps with flowers, generally speaking.

2 Likes

I just got the cheap stuff! I thought the P was the most important, but I’ve also got some Jobe’s 2-7-4 that mixes in the soil, I’ll probably add that when it blooms. Good info to know, thanks for the tip!

I swear to you that plant is only 24 to 29 days old. I have it underneath a 250 watt CFL in two weeks I will move it underneath a 700 Mars Hydro 2. Check my thread Monster cropped goldleaf Scrog :v:

3 Likes

@hillcrest21678 Thats awesome!, nice to know what is possible,always good to have goals HA! I was gonna leave my 2 new autos in with my adult plants so they would all be in the same room and just go with the 18/6 light schedule to simply life and also to get it in there with all the other lights but now that im seeing from all you guys how much more development i could be getting in the same amount of time on a 24 hour light sch, now im wanting to take the 2 seedling autos out of the the adult grow room and put them somewhere, where i can keep the light on 24 hours away from the others

2 Likes

I was using jobes organic from Walmart on my vegetables and I think they might stop selling it :neutral_face: Saw it on clearance and not in the new shelf set. Working on compost for spring grow now

OOH! Hey, looks like I’m getting 4 new starts after all, looks like the 4th is gonna grow straight up the middle!

3 Likes

Latest pics, 4 days after FIM. 2 of the new shoots are about as big as the top I snipped, so the verdict is, the topping/FIM sets you back about a half week, but you gain 2-4 new shoots in the place of the previous one! So there are the two big ones, and then two littler ones, one poking out to one side and one coming straight up the middle. I’ve read that FIMs can grow kind of ugly at first, so I’m not too worried about that.

5 Likes

I wonder if it would only set you back about a day or two if you were growing in hydro?
4 days in soil is great man!

2 Likes

Looks beautiful! Daring enough to do again?

2 Likes

Wait 4 weeks and then FIM all four of them. :wink:

It’ll be blooming in 2 . . . :grin:

This is my 2nd in 2 weeks, so yeah! But my next grow is a photo.

I want to get into hydro someday, but it seems like a lot of work and time and chemicals/adjustments! I love that I can take off for a week and not have to worry about watering or pH.

Not really sure if what I did was topping or what I went to tip of main stalk and pinched off the middle growth. ? Then the two growths on side of pinched part grew out.

5 Likes