Topping off plant

Remember also, that you need to measure the distance from the top of your growing container not the floor.

1 Like

7 gallon grow bag that’s a ft. I took that into consideration.

If I going to flip lights when 21 “ tall is that the height I put the trellis net ?

Looks like pinching is the way to go.

Good video

Beardless the blue dream is really getting huge the nodes are really packed together. If I top it it seams I will be taking a lot off is that normal?? .

Primary nutrients are fox farm trio. However, because of the soil I use I start at much reduced rates and frequency. The first application wasn’t until week 6 at 50% The next application was 8 days later at about 85%. FF schedule calls for 2 applications per week (basically every time you water). I feed every other watering. Late veg I also used 1/2 doses of calmag. First water only during first week of flower I made a 1 gallon tea of bone meal and Humic / fulvic acid concentrate. I monitor runoff PH & PPM after each water.

1 Like

How many nodes of growth do you have, i can’t really see from overhead picture. Yes topping is completely fine as long as you wait until plant has enough nodes. If you top too soon you can stunt her. Always, give several days after topping for recovery. Also, consider LST after topping to expose more potential bud sites through better light penetration. She will rebound just fine…they are a hardy vigorously growing plant. Do you have any gardeners soft coated wire?..this will be what you use for LST

1 Like

If she is at least 4 nodes tall (prefer 5) that is the time to top. If it is a vigorous grower, yeah you will be taking what may seem to be a lot. But when the secondary stems establish themselves, you will have 2 stems with vigorous growth rather than one. I try to top when there is enough space above the node to leave a visible stub above the node where cut.

1 Like

They look good
I have this one blue dream growing in FF

Good soil. She popped on the 9th. I will Be topping her soon but it really seems like it will be hard to do. She has a lot of growth in that small area

This is her 3 set of true leaves

Wait until she has another node of growth

1 Like

Thank you will do

Like @IslandGrown76 says. By that time the apical stem will have grown more and you will be able to get a good cut and have a stump that will allow for good knuckles.

1 Like

Thank you
Yea right now everything looks all packed in there.

You are just in the beginning stages of growth, you have a fun long road ahead. Patience young Jedi :wink:

2 Likes

Had to leave them home by themselves had to leave for work. Worried about temp
What more important temp by the roots or the plant itself. By roots been holding at 75 to 79 by plant its 80 too 82 sometimes ??

Warm roots are good but, in my opinion if you can lower the root zone temperature some, like maybe to 70 that would be preferable

Thank
What about the plant being around 80??
Really don’t have any ideals on that other then portable AC

I will raise the light about an inch or two see if that helps the temp around the plant itself.
Those HLG 100 put off a lot of heat
No heat sink