Topping my auto and how to

Hi this is my Afgani-auto starting its fourth week can anyone take a look at this plant tell me if I should top it off and if so how do you do it. Thanks in advance.

This the same plant just different views.

1 Like

Its my understanding that its not good to top an auto, not enuff time for them to benifet from it. It will slow her down abit to until she recovers.

1 Like

FIM it topping will stunt the growth

Thank you Liljoe

1 Like

Thank you boardsbird

1 Like

Very impressive boardsbird

I always top my autos and don’t have any problems. Here’s a couple pics

6 Likes

Very nice HornHead now how did you do it?

You maybe a little late to be topping her…tie the branches down and let her go, whatever you choose im sure it will be awsome

1 Like

Well I went ahead and pinched out the regions where I circled and arrowed towards so we’ll see what happens since this is my first row from many many years ago (I said in my profile that I was really into growing but after being a part of this forum I realized how little I actually knew) I expecting to be some mistakes and possibly a disaster two I’m really just doing this all in fun and because now it’s legal to grow in Massachusetts where I live I’ll have many opportunities to try again after this so you’re right Kroncaddycustoms whichever you choose will be awesome as long as I learned from the task itself making me a better grower.

funny I put the piece in my pipe and believe it or not I copped a buzz it’s gotta be because I have not smoked in about a year LOL

At what age do top or so many branches? Great looking plants Hornhead what variety ?

I’d wait until plant has at least 5 sets of nodes. Then top let plants recover then if you only want 4 main branches, trim off what you don’t want

Thanks a max for info Hornhead ,first time with auto as I have always topped with clones & seed plants at around 7-9 sets . I figure with the auto would have to be done 3 to 4 weeks from germination ideally I’d like to top @ 8 sets but of course they may not grow that fast . Am using DWC so they grow pretty quick

I’ve always went by this. “If plants are on their 4-6 nodes by the end of 2 weeks, go for it” that way you know the plants are growing fast and healthy

2 Likes