Topping, is she about ready?

Is this girl just putting out its 5th node??? Ready for topping (when top node gets a little taller)???

Also please notice variation in leaf color 1/2 leaf lighter than other half on a couple leaves. She’s a WWE fem. In roots organic.

2 Likes

I only do autos but thats where I top mine. Other members can direct a little better. They look great! Happy growing!

You could top now. I’d wait until that current top extends a little more so you can leave a nub above the node

2 Likes

That was what I was thinking (letting it grow a little longer) this girl seems have very close nodes. May try to scrog this one. Anything with the variation on the leaves? She’s only 4 inches tall. She may get real bushy.

2 Likes

I don’t see any issue. I usually have a funky leaf or two when they’re young.

Haven’t seen it before. Interesting how it splits that one leaf right down the vain like that.

You top autos, I didn’t think you can do that?

1 Like

That’s where I top mine, you should be good to pinch her off.

If you let the plant grow more, say to a distinct 8th node, then it will recover faster after the pruning.

It’s important to have a goal when pruning. The lower nodes will produce good axial limbs, but they’re really close to the soil line, and they could be annoying later on, depending on how you train them.

If it were me, I’d let it grow taller, with the intent of training four main axial limbs (NESW). I’d want those main limbs at least 9” above soil. Then I’d train them horizontally, leaving a new node of growth every 3-6 inches depending on the morphology. But that’s my methodology, and it might not dovetail with your own goals.

4 Likes

Regrettably height is an issue so I have to lay them down as in a 5 for tent between the lights and pot the middle 3 feet is what I have to work with.

2 Likes

I have less headroom than you.

1 Like

It gets cramped in my 2x4x5 tent

6 Likes

Looks great. :wink:

Absolutely. They do great. I have a double grape that I fimmed. You just have to do it early. Don’t let people tell you you can’t do anything.

4 Likes

If it was me, and it isn’t, I’d probably grow 2-4 plants, trained very flat, and grown vegetatively for 4-5 weeks from seed, instead of longer. I don’t know how long your vegetative period was, but I’m going to guess it was a bit longer than 4 weeks. Just a thought.

1 Like

That full grown plant was 4/5weeks at flip, it filled the 2x4x5 tent left to right top colas were in the lights almost.

2 Likes

Set my numbers aside, how long would you have to grow 2 plants vegetatively to get the same results? Same question for 4 plants.

I got 12 ozs from that one. But she was a beast.

Little confused by question, why would I put 2,3,or 4 plants in there when I can fill the space with one plant?? Seriously I’m still trying to figure it out, maybe im missing something.

2 Likes