Topping / Defoliation Questions

1 Like

Perfect🙏🏻 all the emptiness is going to explode. Just watch her amaze you on how she bounces back and triples her size and really bush out. Have you looked into FIM ing?

Looks like you could pop a couple of those and double your bud sites

If you’re interested I’ll walk you through it

1 Like

Yea I topped it already at the 6th node. Thank you guys for all the help I really appreciate it

1 Like

But ya I was under the impression that you only Fim/Top the main cola ? If you would be willing to walk me through it that would be awsome thanks !

1 Like

Instead of topping/cutting it off I just went to the top and trimmed the top leaves?

1 Like

Yeah absolutely. I FIM every single bud site once. 99% of the time it doubles my sites. You see these at the top of your sites? You just want to gently pinch them and bend them over and they will snap off cleanly. Give them a couple days and you’ll see 2 chutes coming out of one. My best plant is 27 bud sites off my wedding cake on last grow. I won’t not do it now that it’s shown me what it does. It’s a soft top. Less stress IMO for autos especially. Being that autos are already on a time schedule you don’t really wanna mess with them much and stress them out. This is more of a LST form of training.

1 Like

If that doesn’t make sense I can get more in depth for ya growmie!

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks man I appreciate your help I hope it comes back as a monster

1 Like

Below those leaves there. Just bend it and it’ll snap. The little one between the crotch of the branch.

Those two little green sides at the base of that where I told you to break it off. Those will turn into two new chutes in a couple days.

I’ll see if I have one that is ready to FIM and I’ll post on YouTube for you to watch. If not does not make sense with the break line I drew

1 Like

Isn’t that topping ? Google said Fimming is referred to Fuck I Missed so it’s cutting off 75% of it ?

1 Like

Or is it cut off the leaves at the top but don’t cut it alll the way down at the bottom like you would if you were topping it ? I’ll give it a go and post the picture attached to this

1 Like

Also is there any reason why this plant (Different Plant unknown strain unknown gender) is so freakin small after topping it only once ?

2 Likes

Thoes steaks aren’t even doing anything I just put them in today and took them out after taking the picture.

2 Likes

OMG you didn’t

2 Likes

How long ago you top it? Auto or photo? That the one you thinned and lollipopped a couple days ago?

The FIM looks good. Might have gone a little lower but you’ll be good

1 Like

These green rubber covered garden wire and some binder clips work great. If you roll the top of the felt pot down it’ll sturdy it up for you a bit

2 Likes

Your canopy looks pretty even so you might be okay leaving the stakes out

1 Like

Looks awesome

2 Likes