Topping Autoflowering Girl Scout Cookies

I am getting totally confused. I have been reading forums and books to gain some knowledge on what I am attempting to do. I understand the reason for trimming above 5th node to gain more branches and bud sites.
I have now read on some site that you never top or cut an autoflowering plant, what gives?
Do I trim (cut-top) autoflowering plants?

2 Likes

Some autos take to topping better than others, but generally it’s ok to do as long as your plant is healthy, growing at a good pace, and hasn’t started flowering yet. Are your seeds GSCE autos from ILGM? If so, they have done very well for me after being topped.

4 Likes

Well said @Cap_Ron I agree if the auto plants are healthy and growing at a good pace no reason you can’t top or fim autos.

5 Likes

Thank you for the information! I have investigating further by reading many forums and they all agree to either topping or feming. This is my first grow and my autoflowering seeds are from Ilgm. I am praying that both of my plants are going to provide for me. I also ordered they hydro unit from Vivosun and will put that into my old phototron with an in line duct fan for exhaust with filter. I am not sure if two gsc will fit in my 3 x 3 grow tent in 5 gallon pots, have read various articles on planting in a 3 x 3 tent. I guess I will just experiment.
Thank You again for the great advice!

4 Likes

Your two autos in a 3x3 space will do fine. :v::+1:

2 Likes

Thank You Kellydans! I have two 5 gallon fiber pots using Fox Farm Soil when ready. I have both intake and exhaust fans with filters and humidifier keeping everything in perfect zone. I also ordered another sf1000 LED so I will have two in the tent for plenty of light.
Just keeping my fingers crossed that my first grow produces for the summer down the NJ shore on the bay.
I refuse to pay $350-$400 per z for my meds!
By the way, love your kitty photo! I have three dogs running around the house. My favorite was a guard dog in Afghanistan, just a beautiful loving baby. Looks like a St. Bernard, real buddy!

4 Likes

Thanks @M60Gunner , I have a soft spot in my heart for animals. 5 gallon fabric pots is what I use for autos an 7 on photo’s. You’re at the right place lots of growers here willing to share and help. If you need to tag anyone use @ in front of there name . Welcome to the community !

3 Likes

Welcome aboard. If you are worried or unsure on topping and first grow letem be natural. First grows are good learning to keepem alive to harvest. After you dial that in lst/topping/fimm etc much more comfortable in my opinion.

3 Likes

Thank you Storm, appreciate the welcome

1 Like