Topping and LST question GSCX

Current lady is 3 weeks old, my question is when do I need to top her and how do I LST? Do I just tie her down with garden tie? And should I LST or too first? Sorry for really basic questions, this is my first grow ever. See pictures.

1 Like

Cut it right here. and yes, just tie it down. make it look like a candelabra

edit
Wait a bit until the side branches have time to grow

1 Like

Thanks, do you mean wait a bit before I top it LST?

Someone more experienced will chime in I’m sure. If this were my plant, I would wait for another few nodes to appear before topping. That’s just me though. Plenty people top really early, especially with auto flowers. My girls are 23 days old today and I topped them 2 days ago, but they are much further developed than your’s. It also depends on if you have any height restrictions. I’m just learning about the various common training methods myself, so I hope to learn something here as well. @Bulldognuts @CoyoteCody @BobbyDigital @Covertgrower @MrPeat

2 Likes

I top and start LST at 5th node. Just top and bend her over and tie her down. You’ll see growth coming from underneath. If one or stems starts to get to far ahead of others then you can tie it back until others catch up.

5 Likes

Agree with @Bulldognuts I try to start training around 5th or 6th node.

5 Likes

Awesome! Thanks guys!!

1 Like

Out of likes. Thanks fellas!

4 Likes

I walk on the Wild side when it comes to growing. :+1:

4 Likes

@MrPeat I LOVE seeing your’ plants! You are an artist. :v:

2 Likes