Topping an auto flower

Quite a few around here top autos. Not my style (afraid of stunting them) but its doable early. N the cloning is becoming more common. Good job all in all. N lovely plants

3 Likes

I also had a tri leaf on my last grow of autos. Very full plant. 8.5 oz dry. Your girl is special. :wink::+1::v:

3 Likes

Wow. Okay I don’t feel like the Lone Ranger then. I can only assume what slowed them down so much was they had just started into flower when I did. I mean I literally got down topping the plant and noticed the first set of hairs when I had finished :scream:. I was worried about the plant not finishing for some weird reason. It’s back in full flower now though. This is only my second grow in many many years and all the the previous were Out doors and over 20 years ago. When I was in my 20’s. So I am learning everyday.

Cool. I have some pics of my first grow a few months back. I will keep updating this one though. Can’t wait to see how these come out.

2 Likes

Thank you brother. !! I am only on my second grow in about 20 years and they were all outside. No idea what I was doing. Lol. Still not much but I do a lot of reading and learning everyday.

That was from my first a couple months back. It made 96 grams after cure. 3 oz on qt and a few grams so I was stoked. I think this one will beat it. It’s so frocking bushy. I’m still at the point where fear and inexperience has stopped me from trimming a lot of the bottom stuff that doesn’t make much anyways. I have these two blue mystic coming and I also have 12 odds and ends from seeds my bros have give me from who knows what strain. So I am going to try my hand at Walt getting rid of the the bottom stuff and letting the plant focus on the main stuff. Anyways. Thanks for the input !!!

All you guys in here ROCK !!!

4 Likes

Damn that plant looks fire! I bet she smoked like a champ!

2 Likes

Lookin good!

Well they look ridiculous man,:+1::+1::+1::sunglasses: way 2 Go … your gonna be HIGHH!!!

The key to autos is doing it early. Topped 2 days ago. Now 13 days from sprout

2 Likes

I’ve had one recently that only produced 3 finger leaves, but not with a growing pattern you have. It was an auto and a mistaken delivery. Got 30gm dry was all. But I think I let it grow past it’s peak.3 fingers only and nearly 12 weeks old - #152 by Bubbles1. Might prove interesting reading

1 Like

Thx Bubbles1

1 Like

so for any one interested i kept her and her sister in veg for another 4 weeks, Blue Mystic Feminized Auto Flower Nirvana Seed Bank. Its on day 36 from flopping to 12x12 it wouldnt go into full flower until flipped the lights. I topped the plant twice as well. Like i said after the second topping i discovered the hairs and realized it was a auto ( miscommunication with my buddy who ordered them. He left out the auto-flower in the description to me or i was high and forgot, lol

1 Like

she is a little shorter than me if you minus the pot. plant went to veg, i put it back in veg from the beginning stage of flower ( OOOPS !!!) plant could have used more light for sure but this older ( 5 years ) advanced LED still makes some nice bud considering its only rated at 200 watts. lol

her little sister below. topped once, same 36 days of flower, plant is thick

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Looking good! Tops look like they accomplished the goal… and buds are swelling nicely. Smooth sailing capt

1 Like

Thank ya my friend.

1 Like

These same two plants are now about to be harvested. They are under the post 6 ft blue mystic

1 Like