Topping advice?

My squat little 24-day-old white widow is hitting that growth spurt phase and I have to make some tough decisions on where I want her to go. So far I’m training 8 of her first shoots to get a scrog started early

I’ve topped her once up top but she is determined:

any suggestions for what to remove to get more yield out of the main cola(s) ?
My first though was to FIM both of those new nodes and see what happens?

3 Likes

Yelp, I slipped

4 Likes

Healthy looking! I would have let the new side growth from the topping going a while before a fim. It looks to be a miss . You’ll need to bend the main over so each side branch can reach the same height creating an even canopy :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I always remove the first node growth tips and almost always remove the 2nd node too.
You need to give them time to grow a node or three before topping again.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, any clue if coloring on the fan leave stems are a sigh of an issue?

2 Likes

Thanks, are you suggesting a LST style bend? Or you mean bend the nodes on the main stem? I’ve been wondering how to slow down the main stem growth

1 Like

Post an over all pic and yes the main bent in any direction towards the side of the pot and tied off, anchor down low on the opposite side :love_you_gesture:

Thanks,

My plan was to keep the main stem straight but short and scrog with the side nodes. My weird lighting setup is intended to get more light under the fan leaves. I’ve got more seedlings coming at 2 week intervals so this grow is mostly trial and error anyway

4 Likes

My FIM. I done gone fucked up me thinks

2 Likes

I see a topping but no fimm :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

So, as I understood it, a FIM is a top where you leave some growth behind to get multiple new nodes. It seems whatever I did is not that. For my edification can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks yall for your advice, great community!

1 Like

:point_up_2: how many growth points in the red circle? Hard to tell. Looks like you fimmed the 2 new growths from the topping? Way too soon if so :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I did, I’ll read up again. Based on the size of these leaves:
how-to-FIM-your-marijuana-plant-sm
I did indeed jump the gun. I’ll give her some time to figure her life out, I still have some time before 12/12

2 Likes

She slowed down for a few days after I butchered her new nodes… (fair enough)
She is now bouncing back, with some nutrient encouragement. It seems I have a mess of nodes forming at that site, so mission accomplished?

2 Likes

I was taught that ripping a piece of leaf off top fan leaves you will make plant think it’s under attack n it’s slows growth going up n same thing if u attack bottom the plant actually grows… an I have done this it does work

1 Like

Goodshit man looking nice

1 Like

Nodes slowly coming along:

3 Likes

I thought I’d keep updating if it’s useful for anyone. Not quite a FIM as intended… livin’ and learnin’

I think I should have let those nodes get bigger before the FIM, or perhaps do it earlier(that was about the 8th node). I’m sure she’ll smoke just fine anyway

1 Like