Top leaves turning yellowish

Any ideas what might be causing the top leaves of this Do Si Do autoflower to turn yellow? I’m thinking my light may be too close to the plant but I’m not sure.

2 Likes

I dont think that is bleaching. What are you feeding it? Are you checking the pH and PPMs in and out?

3 Likes

Need more data to analyze your grow.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

3 Likes

I’ve got a new ph pen that just arrived so I’m going to work on figuring that out and seeing what’s going on there. I’m feeding it the nutrient packets from ILGM.com, currently feeding it the recommended amount from stage 2, I believe it’s called Growtime.

2 Likes

So you should do a slurry test.
Take equal amounts by volume of soil and distilled or reverse osmosis water and mix them together and let them set for 15 minutes. Dig the soil out from a few inches down in the root one. I use like a half cup sized measuring cup. No matter what it just needs to be the same size. Not by weight, by volume.
After it sits for 15 minutes check the pH and that will tell you where the soil is right now. You can strain the water but there is no real need to do so. Just rinse the pen well after you get the reading.

1 Like

Interveinal chlorosis indicates a possible need to run cal mag.

Fill out the Support Ticket which will help others with your issue.

2 Likes

Manganese/zinc deficiency maybe but definitely a mobile nute issue.

1 Like

Caused by Manganese deficiency. ;o)

Actually Magnesium.

Actually, Magnesium shows’ deficiency on older leaves not newer. Manganese/zinc are immobile nutes which show deficiency on newer leaves. You will notice a yellowing between the leaf veins with magnesium deficiency . This is called interveinal chlorosis, and it will impact the older leaves first…

It’s possible but rare.

I’m seeing interveinal chlorosis on older leaves as well as some newer growth. That said, in flower there really IS no newer growth.

1 Like

-Do Si Do auto flower from ILGM
-9 weeks
-using ocean forest potting soil from fox farm
-five gallon breathable fabric pot
-just got a ph meter, working on figuring it out now.
-unsure right now
-unsure
-Vivosun ph meter
-indoor grow tent 4’x4’x80”
Vivosun VS2000 full spectrum LED light
-unsure
-18 hours on 6 hours off
-usually between 82° and 70° not much variation between day and night (should there be a variation
-between 60 and 40 percent, I haven’t tried to alter it from day to night
-not yet
-humidifier
-no

Thanks so much for your help.

What do you feed the plant? If you haven’t fed it’s time. I get the impression that you’re just using ffof so far?

I would add an exhaust fan and a circulation fan. These plants need air flowing all around it lease. The motion of the air current will also cause the plant to strengthen its structure.

I’ve got some nutrient packets. Called Bergman’s plant food. I’m currently watering every few days (more lately because it seems to be getting dry after a day and half or two). I’m currently watering with Stage two “growtime” N19 P5 K20.

I’ve got a regular floor fan pointed at it now. I haven’t found which fans to order yet.

This might be a better picture of the top leaves.

Feed stronger. Looks good otherwise :+1:

Make sure you have opening at the bottom and top of your tent for air to flow in and then hot air out the top.

VIVOSUN 8 Inch Inline Duct Fan 420 CFM, HVAC Exhaust Ventilation Fan with Low Noise for Basements, Bathrooms, Kitchens and Attics, Silver

Thanks for the info. Going to order them soon. :sunglasses: