Top is fine, bottom leaves are dying. help?

Thats what i thought i also saw a spider web i bought some neem oil i read it can help some and i ordered some other things sns 203 and azmac idk if you have ever used those but i was also wondering about the spotting on those leaves is that normal?

You’re growing outside, bugs are normal. Some bugs really like cannabis. People seem to like neem, others prefer Monterey. I use essentria ic3

Some others to consider
AzaMax, Pyrethrin, PyGanic, Bonide 218,

Spinosad is an organic compound based on the bacteria species Saccharopolyspora spinosa. This bacterium disrupts the nervous system of the pest insects.

Azadirachtin is a compound found in neem oil. Many natural and organic insecticides are now using azadirachtin as the main active ingredient. Azadirachtin is an effective insect growth regulator that compromises an insect’s ability to molt.

Pure castile soap and products sold as insecticidal soap are great organic treatments for soft-bodied pest insects. Insecticidal soap damages the insect’s outer membrane, which leads to dehydration and paralysis. Insecticidal soaps can also be used as an emulsifier and mixed with other organic pesticides. This helps keep the organic pesticide’s active ingredients on the leaf’s surface for longer.

Another link ILGM article on Pest Management

Thanks for all your input and help i really appreciate you for it . May i ask are you in the united states ? If so whereabouts are you? Im in southern maryland near waldorf

2 Likes

That essentria is expensive haha do you buy the concentrate?

Waldorf - I know the guy that owns the dominos pizza in BryansRoad (spell check that)

Small world…

Yep I buy the concentrate and yes it’s expensive

I’m grew up here in the Oak Lawn area (Chicago burbs). Now I live in the Bloomington/Normal area (just bought a new house). I went to school near you… Go terps!

Haha thats awesome and yeah it is a small world at times lol and you spelled it right well heres my plant today no new bug bites or anything

I really hope she makes it ive never grown outdoors here and i wasnt sure how it would go this time of year i have a growtent and lights but have been painting and laying hardwood flooring in my house so i havent been able to utilize it yet:(

1 Like

Well you’ve got plenty of time before weather dictates you needing to bring that inside which you’ll likely need to do at some point in October (guessing at the month could be later or sooner)

She looks very healthy so far.

She is getting a couple more little brown like spots like on the botton leaves but these are on 2 leaves further up im not sure if its a bug or nutrients or calcium but they are just like the first few that appeared right before that bug chewed my leaf up

so in my last pic you can zoom and see what im talking about on the ends of a few of my leafs but they are still small

Ah yeah, hard to see at first, but it’s there. It looks like a slight nute burn.

Still probably don’t need nutrients yet. Based on previous pics it looks like it started a few day’s ago. Are you able to associate that time period with a nutrient watering? If yes, I would say dial back the nutes for a little while. Plants still young and that’s a hotish soil (FFoF)

Thanks yeah ive only used them twice this past few days but will stop again and just use water i thought maybe was a deficiancy but guess not

Been reading and it says bottom leaves often die without effecting the rest of the plants growth would you say that seems to be the case with mine? I have way overthought this most likely and am just on edge cuz i dont want her to die since your familiar with my area do you have any reccomendations for where i can dry her out amd harvest her im not sure a outdoor shed will be very good this time of year i imagine she will be ready in october

Shes completley dying and idk why bottom leaves are dead and the rest looks droopy and like its on its way to death as well its been raining for 2 days idk if that has anything to do with it but i probably cant save her im guessing

Droopy from the rain, the bottom leaves that are now useless should and can be removed. Plant overall still looks healthy. Based on the pics you provided your plant is not dying.

Some of my indoor plants get a little droopy after a watering. A lot of rain would cause that. Completely normal

She perked up a little im gonna post new pics now for you to see but im hoping that its just overwatering i havent noticed any pests or anything and should be 30 days give or take a few now so i may try nutrients next week

You seem to really know your stuff youve been pretty helpful your advice along with my research has been great so thnxs again

and yeah maybe i was overreacting a little haha she doesnt seem to be completly dying afterall :smile:

1 Like

Was aslo wondering would it be better to add a little fresh soil to her instead of adding nutrients? I havent found many answers on it or seen it brought up much

1 Like

Thanks. Lots of seasoned growers around here. Nice community with mostly sound advice being passed around.

As for your question, I only add top soil depending on type and when necessary. For instance, when I first transplant into the final home, after that first heavy watering the soil sinks into the bags so I’ll add an inch or two of top soil. I use a hotish soil that has enough nutrients to not have to feed the plant for 30-45 days. Outdoors I’ve never considered it, but you may want some protection for your plants and roots. A layer of straw or mulch and companion plants like basil, garlic around it would helpect as well clovers in with your cannabis. None of it is required, but can be helpful to keep pests away. I’ve read some growers prefer Diatomaceous Earth, but I’ve never used it.

Some outdoor growers could better answer these questions for you. perhaps @Covertgrower could recommend someone. Still illegal for me in Illinois to grow outdoors so I keep it inside for now. I don’t run into a lot of bug issues indoors.

Not to stress you out with the above, I do not believe at this time that you have a pest issue. Your plants got a lot of rain, which resulted in your plants going limp. When the medium is soaked the roots can’t breathe so it makes sense that as the day limps along the medium drys out some your plants bounce back.

Here is a link to a nice article that covers some of it
ILGM link this is more informative than anything and a reliable source. The best thing to do is be proactive rather than reactive. We’ll get you through this grow :+1:

1 Like

I agree you should let it dry out, but I also recommend feeding after a hard rain. It washes nutrients out. Adding soil to the top would add more nutrients, but I don’t think it would be enough, and you could start to see deficiencies.