Top growth has dark veins/light leaves and leaf droop in "Water Only" Soil

@thatguy Look i wasn’t trying to be a dick you’re not lazy your pH is fine keep not checking it my apologies.

plants look fine to me after all it is about trial & error…HAPPY GROWING

@Budbrother - question, I notice you mentioned chicken compost and I’m trying to figure out what is significant about that. Did some googling and from what I’m seeing chicken shit is really high in nitrogen. Something I read says it should be used as a top dress rather than mixing it in to avoid nitrogen burn. Maybe the fact that the bag says “or just hot start and water” is bullshit because, since the soil has chicken shit in it, it is way too hot for young plants. Did I figure it out?

1 Like

It also contains high amounts of iron that will cause deficiencies. The nitrogen release is way to high for cannabis plants in pots.

Nothing is water only, without deficiencies!

Enzymes must be used to break down organics for use by plants and teas used to maintain healthy fungal/microbial populations.

1 Like

Good to know. Only thing I will say is that the manufacturer (which I think is just one guy) mentions on their website that it is optional to use a worm tea right after transplanting into the soil. They even sell the worm castings and give a step by step of how to make it. There’s another tea recipe for starting flower. When you consider that it doesn’t seem kind of bullshit to call it “water only”.

It’s a marketing trap that companies profit off of

Kinda like Monsanto? Except instead of selling seed that needs their brand of fertilizer to live, that soil manufacturer is selling soil that needs their custom supplimental food? Hmmm. They arent the only soil company doing this. During the gold rush, the miners didn’t often make much money, the guy selling shovels and pans did. This weed business is a relatively new rush with states legalizing and Canada legalization. You will see companies taking advantage of it this way.

1 Like

I feel like I have to stick up for the manufacturer (a dude named Tommy). The guy puts his cell phone number on the bag in 30pt font and tells people to call with growing questions or just to talk. His claims may be a little exaggerated but anyone that puts their cell phone number on their product is clearly pretty confident in their claims. He delivers the soil himself to all the local shops. I have no issue with criticism of the product or even the product’s claims but from everything I’ve heard the guy is a good guy. It doesn’t seem fair to trash him.

1 Like

Kinda sounds like your name might be Tommy by your posts, brother. I live in Michigan and am familiar with the soil. It’s alright, but just like FFOF it’s too hot for seedlings and clones. Cut it with a little coco or something. I agree with everyone here it looks like your plants got a little Nitrogen tox when they were younger which is common in any “hot” soil. Its times like this in any grow that experienced growers want control of what the girls need and not just cross fingers and hope the soil holds up. Relax, dont take it personal. Unless it is personal :wink:

1 Like