Top fan leaves bleaching

I’m using 2 wakyme j1000 lights and 3 brite labs led 30 watt grow lights positioned 20 inches above the tops of the plants and 2 days ago I noticed the tips turning yellow and now it’s slowly making its way into the fingers of the fan leaves I’m suspecting its because of the lights but I see signs of nitrogen burn as well and sometimes when I put the plants to sleep I will see 2 fan leaves on one of my plants have twisted 90 degrees I don’t know if the leaves are finally succumbing and my plant is dying or what

1 Like

This fan leaf and the other one are the 2 I see twisted 90° right before bedtime. It’s strain is super glu from verano so I’m not trying to let this one die lol these are the only 2 branches on the entire plant that have this much purple in them though which is why I’m just flat out confused as to what’s up with these two. The 2 leaves on the level above are also slightly yellow but not as bad as these two

1 Like

I wouldn’t feed it more.

A lighter color among new growth is normal. It takes some time for chlorophyll to catch up on the new growth near the tops. She is fine.

4 Likes

And while I’m here can someone give me a clue as to wtf happened with this one :joy:. I started all my plants at the same time and while the other 3 are all 15-21 inches tall, this one’s staying at 11.5 inches & just looks fucking miserable and the tips of the leaves are yellowing also like the others so thats why I’m leaning towards nitrogen burn being the cause of my problems

2 Likes

You sure? Even with the tips literally as white as they are??

3 Likes

@TrisF1998
You just painted her nails. :wink:
Back off on your feed a touch and you should be good.
Maybe a water only next time you feed.
Plants look good really. :+1:
On the shorter one we liken them to kids.
No 2 are identical.

:v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Appreciate it, just needed a couple of opinions, I moved the light up a couple inches to where the plants only get 250-300 watts of light each just to be safe & gave them a tiny splash of water with 2mgs of cal mag but it was just enough to sink in around the stalk ill hold off on watering for a couple days

2 Likes

Beautiful :star_struck:. I wouldn’t change a thing.

1 Like

Looks like new growth

1 Like

Looking good just a bit of nute burrn on the tip from what i see. Maybe just a calmag water for a day or 2 and she will be otaye

3 Likes

When I posted this I filled a half gallon spray bottle with filtered water & added 2mgs of calmag & about a teaspoon of ammonium sulfate to lower the ph since the soil has been testing close to 7 and watered the bases of the plants & did a brief foliage spray. The plants have since grown .5-1 inch & the new fan leaves at the top are perking up, getting ready to widen out and develop so that’s a good sign. I’m holding off on anymore nutes for a little bit but I was wondering can I add some fish shit next time I go to water my plants to help them? Or would that do more damage at the moment

If you can bring that PH down a touch in the 6.2 to 6.5 range I know it’s not much but itll help the plant take up the nutes better… but little darker green so I’d back off a watering or two and they’ll be good, just dial that ph down a touch and itll help… also TDS meter? Run off number might be extra stuck in the soil. Watering until run off? They are big enough to do so while in soil just make sure to do wet/dry cycles don’t water daily in soil. 2-3 days is better with run off.

As for fish sh!t you should be okay adding it as it’s a micro additive for roots. And doesn’t really have NPK involved

I add ammonium sulfate to the water to try and lower the ph @ 1-1.5 tsp per half gallon of water for 4 plants and no I don’t water until I see runoff only because the buckets are sitting on paper plates with paper towels under them to prevent my carpet from accumulating any mold (a little ghetto ik lol). Admittedly I do water atleast a little bit everyday and I do a foliage spray a few times during the night about 2-9 hours after waking them up. I just gotta work on the self concentration part when it comes to that & hold off. As far as i know of the ph is sitting around a high 6- even 7 so yeah I’m working on lowering that as well but I gotta wait till the dirt drys to add any slightly acidic water to even it out. When you have plants in eyesight 24/7 I’ve realized as a 1st time grower that the patience game takes an entirely new effect on everything you do. That’s the hardest part of all of this imo.

1 Like

I wouls stop foliage spray that just asking for wpm or mold issues. Id see about a drip trays also or ur gonna have some messed up carpet lolz

So I didn’t know if I should have made a new post on this but after a few days the tops of my plants just gradually got worse. Tips of new growth shriveled a bit & I got a fan leaf on one of the lower nodes with a freakin hole in it (only damage on lower half of plant). Plus everything has crisp edgesThis is my favorite plant out of my 4 too so I’m kinda hurt about this

My 2 wakyme j2000s give off a ton of light and it’s hard getting the wattage set correctly cuz the switch is not labeled at all its just a twist button on a small plain black box with no numbers & all so I never turn it up all the way but I think they are still up too high

Just a side note* they are wakyme j(2)000s not j1000s as I said in the original post that was a typo.

Not familiar with your light. But awfully dark leaves usually means too much nitrogen. Several have said probably back off feed just a hair. Overall looking good!

1 Like

I finished these plants a month ago lol, they’ve been curing now for about 3 weeks. Was able to flush correctly by the end, the nitrogen burn didn’t matter much

1 Like

Smoke any yet? How was it?

On the left is superglue by verano MD and on the right is bud from a street seed that I was told was blue cheese. Superglue is extremely kiefy, flavorful, and visually appealing same with my BC. But my blue cheese caught & revealed some cinerea botrytis while is was drying & I had to throw away about 5gs off the top 2 branches (some of the prettiest buds on the damn plant I may add) and it doesn’t seem to be losing alot of moisture it’s still wet after 3 weeks of curing but not molded. I also grew one more strain, “Russian trainwreck” that I found doesn’t even exist lmao, also a street seed that gave me terrible earthy peppery fluffy low potency bud. One good thing though, the 2 buds you see here, my superglue was a hermie and pollinated the bud on the right & now I technically beleive I have my own exclusive weed strain since ik verano hasn’t crossed these 2 strains if my bud on the right really is blue cheese it would help me figure out the truthfulness of my claim

2 Likes