Top 10 Best LED Grow Lights For Growers in 2018

Out of the two I would probably get the hlg-600. I’m more confident in their products and service to have a light that will meet demands of my space for several years down the road. It’s just gonna need a little more room between canopy than some others.

I like the chilled tech growcraft x6 600. It’s just a more expensive light.

2 Likes

Timber grow lights has a new bar style light

3 Likes

Cool thanks. I think it’ said 10 “ from top
But the other was 8.

1 Like

Going to check them out when I get home thanks.
There all a little salty. But if it cuts the electric in half might be worth it. I’m worried about the heat. The MH I could hook up a 8 inch duct directly to the hood.

1 Like

These aren’t going to throw same amount of heat at canopy. The heatsinks on top of led modules are going to pull a lot of the heat up and away from canopy. Then overhead exhaust should evacuate a lot of it. As opposed to hid, all of the heat is in the bulb and usually directed down by the reflector.

I can’t guarantee that you still won’t potentially run into warmer situation though. The good part is that all of these fixtures will come with linear dimming. So if you run into some issues in warmer part of year, you can absolutely drop the amount of power needed. And you should be able to hit similar par levels running most of these led fixtures at 60-70%

1 Like

I get my tent tomorrow. I wasn’t aware of the top vent maybe I can run some cooler air down from the top and out the side vent.

1 Like

I would do opposite. Bring cool air in bottom of tent and exhaust out the top.

3 Likes

Thanks again. How do you know if the ventilation is working probably. I read something about negative pressure I think. Is the tent supposed to blow up like a balloon or be sucked in. Just exaggerating a bit but I think you get the picture

One more stupid question and that’s it. What light do you think would generate the most heat inside the tent the 600 Watt MH or the one you would run with. I know it’s hard to say for sure but like I said the 600 came with a decent blower that hooks up directly to the hood. ??
I ran it before And had some heat issues in the dead of summer but never in a tent.

The metal halide would create the most heat at canopy level. Air cooling that would be similar to making sure you have good airflow bottom to top and exhausted with leds

1 Like

Thank you

I don’t know I kind of like the roi-e680 for the main reason that I can keep it closer to the canopy. 6” compared to the HLG at 24 “. But I am familiar with HLG they do have a nice product.
Still trying to decide. P

Why is it so big of a difference between the height from canopy???
I checked out the chill tech very nice light and that can also be closer to the canopy I’m lost.

Both roi-680 and chilled tech growcraft have more led modules and subsequently the leds spaced further apart. The light intensity follows the led spacing. More spread out the leds are, the more spread out the intense will be. The hlg light basically has all modules right next to each other. So the intensity directly below will be higher, and light will have to be mounted higher to combat too high of light intensity and for the light to reach outer edges of the grow space.

2 Likes

I really appreciated everyone’s help I ended up going with the ROIE 680

I chose that because of the clearance above canopy. I have the 4x4x5’8” shorty By guerrilla

1 Like

I have the new mars hydro fc-e 3000 wich was ordered factory direct like 3 days after release and was lucky enough to get one into the states.

All I can do far is it’s my first grow light. But I did a lot research before buying it was about 300 us.

Has 4 light bars aluminum with very thick heat sinks. And they do work heat is minimal off the top. Even with the driver mounted on the back of it.

Each Light bar is individual adjustable on a track so you can distribute light based on your needs.
You could put all 4 right next to each other if you wanted to.

Overall I will prop be ordering a second one it claims to support a 4x4 and a 3x3 bloom but prop more like 3x3 veg 2x2 bloom but we shall see in 8 more weeks.

1 Like

Nice. Do your girls like it?

I like the adjustability of it. I’m always Leary of claims of grams per what. A billion variables go in to grams per what.

1 Like

I think they are enjoying it I have mine at 24in. Full blast

1 Like

Based off standards that are quickly going out of date as LEDs progress, I’ve seen this rule back as far as 3 years ago… But, 50w per square foot to flower with LED. But if that was true 3 years ago, it can’t be true today. technology just keeps making them more efficient. But by the old standard that means 300w is for a 3x3 or 2x4 flowering. I know I can foxtail my 2x4 with 250 out of the sf 2000.

1 Like

I’m on my 2nd grow, using 400w metal halide lights and have High Pressure Sodium bulbs for flowering. Anyone change bulbs for budding?

1 Like