Too tall for tent, LST clips/bending?

Good problem to have but still a pain!

Currently growwing 6 autos from ILGM: runtz, banana kush, purple kush, GSCE, LSD, and bruce banner. They are roughly 55 days from sprout, growing in a FFHF/FFOF mix with dolomite lime. Currently feeding fox farm nutes and i loosely follow their feeding schedule.

I am growing in this tent, it has a funny pitch to the roof, but it actually fits my space perfectly.

My lights are 2 blurples and a mars hydro tsw 2000. My goal is to update my lights next year but this is what I’m working with in the meantime. Current problem is my lights are as high as i can get them and 3 days ago i tried to bend 5 colas on 3 plants. I had several colas way too tall and the heat above the lights was not helping the situatiom any. I failed to mention that i have topped all 6 of these autos around 16 days old. Anyways, has anyone used LST clips for trying to bend tall colas?

One branch snapped but they all seem to be responding well and the colas are stretch back up to the lights. Curious if i should keep the LST clips on until harvest or remove them after some time?

3 Likes

Branches should harden off after a couple weeks or less. Jest watch them and once hardened off remove clips.

1 Like

I use clips when tjey are nice and bendy. But you’ve done right :+1:
If you didn’t have the clips you could bend it and tie it down or even “super crop” if needed…

2 Likes

Need to be very patient when using these clips. You may need to take longer slowly training them. Then finally insert the clips. I gave up on them and just tied em down with thick string. After 2 or 3 weeks i untied them and they stayed.