Too tall for my lights

Hey fellow gardeners…just a quick question for yas…I have two of my plants that.have grown so tall I now only have 6 inches from light to plant…can’t raise them anymore…they are one and two weeks into flowering…a friend of mine said he had the same problem with his wwa and told me to top the two or I could kill the whole plant…I figure if it was bad for the plant then it wouldn’t be progressing…everything else I am happy with so far…should I top??

1 Like

I would probably try super cropping before i topped them.

2 Likes

Huh?? Whats that…this is my cherry grow lol…I’ve trimmed some of the fan leaves but try not too much…

Just grab the branch that you need to bend between your thumb and two :v: fingers and roll em back n forth until the branch gets soft on the inside and then just bend it. These are younger plants but same idea. Believe it or not this will make the plants send extra to the branch and it will probably turn out better than the others

2 Likes

Thank for the tip…although its the main central stem branch…its like 4.5 feet tall…not sure if this would do the trick…its already into flower aswell…

1 Like

You can also get a few more inches by taking the metal cable that’s clamped to your lights and weaving them through the holes to make them shorter. there’s a video on youtube that shows you step by step how to do it. Give me a min and i’ll post a pic of my light.

1 Like

Hmmm…cool…please post a link if u can…

Found it!

1 Like

Hope it’s helpful!

2 Likes

Awesome dude…thanks soo much…already watched it…gonna take it down and re hang once they go to sleep…thanks again…

1 Like

So I was able to raise them 6 inches just by removing the Polley rigs…ill post more pics later…hoping they are done stretching and just continue to bud up…

1 Like

Okie dokie here are a couple more pics…

1 Like

I would top them while they are still early, same thing happened to me in my last grow and I ended up topping them four weeks in to flowering. Luckily had no effects on the plants

1 Like

Thanks…dont think i need to top anymore as they are done stretching and are flowering and I still got room to go…I can’t believe autoflowers get this tall when most pics I’ve seen of indoor grows show more short stumpy ones…not complaining at all…bring on the harvest…im ordering a new exhaust fan and a jeweler’s loupe and a dehumidifier tomorrow…

1 Like

Good job I had that happen to me a. Little over 3 years ago when I had a blurple light you have pleanty of room so you can tie and swing the plant further away from the light mine grew right into the light a little foxtaiing but was good smoke now I. Use hlg and the plants. Are afraid to come that close

2 Likes

Like everyone said supercrop it bend it over tie it down if you have just b careful not to snap

2 Likes

How do u bend a plant thats 5 ft tall without snapping it…its all stiff thick trunk…just gonna let it go lol…next batch ill try topping…live and learn…

1 Like

youtube kyle kushman supercropping

1 Like

Was a sad time last night…got home frome work to check on the ladies…4 branches were flopped to the ground…so I did some emergency surgery and did a bunch of trimming…hopefully the situation is fixed…I think due to some stress after the transplant the whole growth clock was messed with and some branches didn’t get strong enough…now pretty much everything gets light…weird thing is I have three plants left and when watering i get decent water run off on the plant thats furthest along…but no run off on the other two…they are taller than the first one but wow…

If you go to a local craft store, they usually sell bamboo sticks that you could stick in your pot and use the sticks to prop up your tall branches for extra support.

2 Likes