Too Tall Durban Poison. Help!

Hi all! 1st time grow. Dwc with Durban Poison. She’s been in veg for about 8 weeks, she started slow, but in the last week has gotten way too tall for grow room. We are ready to go into flower but, need to free up some vertical space. She’s currently 4ft tall abd about 3 feet wide.

2 Likes

Hi :wave:Welcome to the forum! Can you gently bend her over and tie her?
@Grandaddy013 any advice?

1 Like
1 Like

@Southerngal Im new as its our first grow! She is pretty full at bottom too, so I was thinking of cutting. Im not against bending I just don’t know if she’s too wide for that. But not too sure about where or how! Thanks so much for helping!

1 Like

I’m new too! Don’t worry someone here will get you sorted. Take a look at that link. And google LST techniques and you’ll get a better sense of what I’m talking about.

You can try slowly (over a week) pulling her sideways. But, Durban poison is going to stretch after you flip to flower. So you’ll soon have height issues again.

1 Like

Consider cutting the top half off and turning it into 1 or more clones.

3 Likes

@Drinkslinger so should I cut her? I can clone as we started with 20 seeds and ended with 1 plant.

@KeystoneCops Do I just cut at main stem? It’s pretty thick. And do I need to protect the cut after? Sorry I’m just new and Google doesn’t give precise info for me! Lol

@Drinkslinger @Southerngal @KeystoneCops Thanks for your responses!! I’ve read a ton of threads but every one is for early veg or flower. I’m not sure how to proceed with her. The bottom is full and bushy appears to be getting enough light.

1 Like

I am running out of room in my tent as well. You’re in good hands with these guys! Good luck!:+1:t2:

1 Like

I’d cut it here:

But it’s your plant, not mine.

Cloning can be done without any fancy gear, but Clonex or another rooting hormone will help the process along. I’m sure there are good tutorials on here somewhere

2 Likes

1 Like

@Southerngal I know it’s a little late but this is my DP I’m growing now

I bent her over and tied her down.