Too Much Weed - Storage Options

I recently havested my 6 fem. plants and after drying I have about 5 lbs of beautiul buds. The problem (if you can call it that) is where and how to store it all. In the past I used quart ball jars but I’m guessing I will need about 6 jars per pound or about 30 jars. I can use gallon jars but that will be about 2 jars per pound or 10 jars (and they are not exactly cheap). What are you doing to store your weed?

One interesting note that only 3 of the six plants had amazing beautiful growth the other 3 were just OK. I probably should have tossed the 3 runts but it was about 2 lbs dried.

1 Like

Random thoughts:

You might check in to large sized Grove bags. I don’t know that they make large bags, but it’s probably worth a look.

Gallon Ball/Kerr jars should not be much different than quart jars. I’m guessing that you would just have to burp them a bit longer. I burp my quart jars for 15 minutes a day for curing. You probably need to burp the larger jar for at least a half-hour.

Maybe add a couple of Boveda packs to the larger jars for long-term storage.

6 Likes

Get some big grove bags. Heat seal what is going to sit longest

4 Likes

They absolutely make big bags. I have a 5 gallon bag (or something like that) for trim and larf. Buds could be stored in those. I would probably just do a series of 1/2 or 1lb bags

8 Likes

Looks like Grove Bags has as large as 1 pound, 2 pound, 5 pound (and even 10 pound bags, though that’s bigger than what you’re looking for.) On their online store front, scroll down and look for the Home Grow and Small Quantities option. From there, you can see the different size bags for individual purchase.

5 Likes

I hope to have this “problem” one day :joy: which is why I’ve been buying 1 gal pickles for the last 2 months!

7 Likes

3 or 5 gallon food grade buckets with gamma seal lids. Grove bags has liners or you can use large turkey roasting bags.

6 Likes

Holy smoke!

3 Likes

Suggest taking half of the POOR stuff and concentrate. follow post from @ adam559, forum titled 'BEST way to take trimmkngs into Butter or oil

3 Likes

I prefer Classico Pasta Sauce jars. 650ml (22oz) size, can use 2 at a time when I make spaghetti. I now have 17 full jars, each with a size 8 Boveda 58% pack in it. About 9 ounces total. And 8 or 9 empty jars, more soon!

5 Likes

Yup grove bags and storage totes , i have 3 totes filled to the brim stacked in the closet. My biggest problem is that i get a new favorite and never go back

5 Likes

5 gal buckets with gamma seal lids ….then when I ran out of space for those I filled spare freezers with it in trash bags to use for edibles at a later date…still tbd

2 Likes

3.5 and 5 gallon buckets with gamma seal lids and mason jars are what i use

3 Likes

Eventually you’ll find your way into the 2-3 year old bud and find it’s cured like a nice aged bourbon. Suddenly you’ll have a new favorite and it comes with a ridiculous wait :joy::v:

5 Likes

How I look forward to having THAT problem! But I did open a bag today that’s been closed since April…

6 Likes

I just made some vapes out of year and a half old Sick O’Berry. Best yet

2 Likes

Ive been using grove bags… they make as small 1/8oz (maybe even gram) but all the way up to 5lb (maybe bigger)
Try buying several 1/4 lb bags, heat seal them, after 3ish months freeze them, then you’ll only be opening 1/4 lb at a time…it will still be fresh. :blush:
Not a bad “problem” to have… js…

We are using 5 gallon buckets from hd with the flat lids from the paint department and toss in a large boveda pack and it stores great. We have some been 4 plus monthe and still great.

I’d like to help out here, i have a lot of closet space im not using…just saying!

5 Likes

Whatever you do, make sure its food safe, has a good seal, and a propper sized boveda pack.

1 Like