Too much stretch. What can be done. 2 weeks into flip

Okay here’s the question I put these girls in the flower at week 3. 2 weeks into flip and they’ve grown over 18 in which was not anticipated. I have tied back the tops and surprisingly it is causing the lower stems to really grow. Now the tops have grown back up towards the light are continuing to grow. I am running out of room in my tent what else can I do at this point that could allow me the space I need for good bud production?

Processing: 20210704_071451.jpg…

1 Like

You can still supercrop when in flower. Topping should be off the table once a plant is in flower.

Always best to post pics in natural light. It’s very difficult to see plant details under lighting other than white light.

2 Likes

How much more space in the tent to they have to grow?

Can you take a picture of the whole tent in natural light

Cool. Ill do pics with lights off and flash.

1 Like

About two feet to the top minus 8 inches for light rig

1 Like

Yes ill do that this evening when its lights out and come back here and show you

1 Like

Plus the amount of space needed between the lights and the plants. So you don’t have much more room to say the least.
Being only two weeks into flower you could tie down one more time. @MidwestGuy mentioned super cropping. This may be your best bet. Alittle scary at first but very effective. There are tons of videos online explaining the method.

1 Like

Thank you. Im searching now. Learning as i go and there is so much to learn.

Heres a pic (sorry lights

Are on)

2 Likes

It looks funky I know and I bet I’ll have to do more support once these top start growing

1 Like

It doesn’t look funny at all. Looks like a healthy plant that got tied down. At this point I think you can either supercrop or just pray for the best. The ‘stretching’ should almost be over at about 2/3 weeks into flower.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the input, it relieves my stress about this.

1 Like

Since you got so many tops that need lowered you should try a couple different methods. That way if it happens again you have a couple tried and true methods, you are now versed in, to fix it.

2 Likes

You just witnessed the entire concept of LST, topping, supercropping, manifolds & mainlines. Redirect growth hormone auxin away from tallest growth to lower parts of the plant.
Are your lights set as low as possible without burning the tops?

1 Like

Hey thats good advice. Thanks for the level headed response.

1 Like

Yes there is not much headroom left. Using 1000 led and blue supplimental. All are at the top now and two on the side to try and get more light down in there.

Also, now that I am in the second week of flower can I remove the supplemental blue light and just let the full spectrum LED do all the work?

May I ask what light it is and how much space is it covering?

Full spectrum dimmable. 2 x 4 x 5’ high tent. I added some blue grow bulbs from what i read the led full spectrum wasnt enough. They grew way too fast. Started them may 31 and here it is july 4th and already 11 days into flower. I thought if i flipped em low i wouldnt have this hearoom concern. Im a rookie with a few successful grows under my belt.