Too Much Rain ! Girl's laying on the Ground!

Looking at deluge , upwards 10 inches not forecasted but Happened, I need to make a decision to stake them off the ground or let mother Sun bring them back , oddly it was my more compact Gelato plant’s that actually layed on the ground, There not broken as marijuana has a flexible stalk , just want to ask the outdoor community what to do ? If anyone had this happen please chime in on your thoughts would be appreciated :raising_hand_man:

5 Likes

I dont think at this point the excess water is going to harm anything. If they were farther along maybe a mold risk, but not at this point. Watch for powdery mildew on the leaves just in case. A peroxide wash will treat it if it happens. What can happen during periods of a lot of rain is the plant will not continue to root very deeply. If the rain goes from swamp to drought quickly, you may need to give it a deep watering once or twice to encourage roots to continue to grow down deeper. Just keep that in mind. We here in Missouri are getting the same thing right now. So much rain in the last few weeks but it will dry up soon and all my garden will start to wilt from shallow roots.

8 Likes

My plant’s were looking really good, I guess it’s part of the challenge growing outside, I’ll watch for pm and keep a check on the roots , The weather this year has been crazy it’s usually 90 + I’m in the South and it’s actually cool 69 for a high and in the 50s at night, I’m sure the Heats Comeing in the next few months

3 Likes

When it starts to dry out, they’ll perk up. Mother Nature’s natural draining system works pretty well. Like @Spiney_norman said, they’re not mature enough to worry about mold. I’d keep a spray bottle of 50/50 water and peroxide in case WPM pops up.

5 Likes

About all i can say is the weather has done a 360 from last year, it was Smokeing Hot this time , but you know the Heats comeing in the next few months

2 Likes

We’re already hitting 90 in my neck of the woods. Weeks of 100+ last year, without a cloud for days. Year before was floods and tropical storms lol. Hopefully this year, Mother Nature finds a middle ground.

4 Likes

I haven’t even took my plants outside yet only in the upper 60s to low 70s with some badass storms here in VA

3 Likes

I hope the weather settles down, Makes Growing Outside a Challenge, if I can get past the insects and mold I’ll be okay, just wasn’t expecting all that rain that came at once

2 Likes

Same Here, even though I’m below you in South Carolina, the weather has been cooler than normal my plant’s have been growing slow outside but we’re looking good, now the flooding rain yesterday hopefully mother nature settles down

3 Likes

I was driving home through those storms Thursday-Friday overnight, that rain was brutal and kep popping up out of now where from GA to just over the border of NC. The lightning was wild!

1 Like