Too much of a good thing? Redundant nutrients?

I just started my third grow, 6 1-week old little runts in Happy Frog, and I’m trying to sort out my nutrient regimen. I have the FF trio, Bat Guano, and Compost Tea bags. I was also considering picking up Beastie Bloomz, Open Sesame, and Cha Ching.

Can someone help me figure out how to make the best of what I have?

Personally any fox farm products are good, you don’t need all 3 flowering products. I would purchase the cha Ching, as it has zero Nitrogen in it. (0-45-50) This allows better control, and you’re only boosting the flowering aspect, with out adding too much nitrogen to the recipe.
Feed the base ingredients, then add cha Ching as needed or wanted.
It’s in the fox farms schedule to use all 3 but just use the one.

3 Likes

Yup… I use FF trio and then add a flower note with 0 N

3 Likes

@Hellraiser i tried supporting and burying some stretches stems. Turned up the light to 50% and lowered a couple inches. Is there anything else I should do?

3 Likes

Just let them grow now, have a fan blowing gently over the sprouts to keep them moving a bit, will help strengthen the stems.

3 Likes

@yourviolentpast

The fan blowing will help them ALOT. Also I grow outside and currently use FF but am only using Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Since your using decent soil you won’t need nutes for at least a month (give or take/probably) and I would t even try feeding them lest you wanna stunt or burn em early which will definitely slow ya down. Further along when they enter veg and have some leaves and at least 6-7 nodes you could probably try feeding. If you want more info on how I personally use FF nutes I’d be glad to tell ya​:wink::facepunch:t2:. You have a while though and anything can happen tween now and then. Go slow be patient even tho it’s way easier said than done :grin::rofl:

1 Like

I forgot to mention that there is a small fan to the right off camera giving them a light breeze since they popped. I gave up on the dome because it’s humid enough in the tent. I don’t see the point, and my electric bill is already shot running 2-3 grows right now.

@grizZz ANY and all tips on FF trio would be GREAT. I was told to also pick up sledgehammer because it is more efficient than straight flushing. I used Bergman’s line, cal mag, and fish sh1t my first two grows and I’m just trying new methods until I find my groove.

1 Like

Right on and good luck

1 Like

@yourviolentpast

So im currently in like week 10 veg with an outdoor photo and have been feeding since like…I dunno maybe week 8…:thinking:. The feeding schedule on the liquid nutes is WAY to strong…I know this because I stressed one plant so bad with nutes it hermed out on me :rofl:. My current “mix” goes as follows:

2 teaspoon Grow Big
1 teaspoon Tiger Bloom
1 Gallon of water
Every Saturday except this past weekend where I double fed

To see an actual visual of a result from a double feeding for my particular plant I have it documented in the outdoor section under the title “Kansas first time outdoor”. I would like to note that in cooler weather with a plant that seems really slow growing or not even at all, the tiger bloom REALLY helps keep them motivated to grow (prolly the phosphorus). I will eventually switch to only the Tiger Bloom for flower phase. Lemme know any other questions hopefully I can answer ya :sunglasses::call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like