Too much Muck? What the F#%&!

I have a question for anyone who lives in a region where Muck is available, and they use it in their outdoor grow. This is the first time time there has been a quantum difference in color. The baby buds, and new leaves are lime green. I have seen a difference in the past on other strains, but not this pronounced. In addition, the ph is 6.7. There are several definitions of Muck, yet to clarify my reference is where wet lands/swamps were drained leaving black, oily to the feel, decomposed plant matter that is not visible to the naked eye. It I apply it on the top layer till, and water it as needed till there is a little sugar sand left. Furthermore, I use it in this manner during the first four weeks of flowering. I have found it increases the yield considerably, but am I over doing it on the strain Purple Haze?

That may simply be strain/phenotype differences showing up. Do the light areas darken over time?

A dose of dolomite lime might buffer and bring down the ph a bit too.

2 Likes

Thanks for your interest in helping me learn. They do turn green as they get older to answer the question. I am going to take a pic, so possibly that may help.

7 Likes

So it is only the new growth at the tops that greens over time? Looks normal to me, but see what others say as well

1 Like

The pic does not really show the yellow very well, so i apologize for the bad pics

They look good to me too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like they are flowering and since she is stretching it can cause some of the newer growth to start out a little yellower than the rest. As long as it’s looking healthy, which yours appears to be from the pics, I wouldn’t stress yet. They look good to me.

3 Likes

I am happy to read yall’s feedback. Do you mind if I forward another pic of a baby that I am worried about?

I am going to be rude, and send the second issue. It’s a baby

1 Like

Do it @S.FloridaSwampman. our cameras don’t always pick up what you see in person.

What size pot is that in?

The pot is 1.5 quarts appropriately. I will resend pic out pf the sun.

Have you filled out a support ticket? That way we won’t have to do the back and forth with guessing what the issue is.

I didn’t fill out a support ticket, but I will if it continues. I will look up about support tickets, so I will be following protocol. Thank you

1 Like

Not just a protocol thing, it will help us help you. With a lot of eyes on it, one member could see something someone didn’t or will be able to offer personal experiences.

2 Likes

I gotcha!!! All these new strains, and so much to learn in many ways. I am gunna relax, and smoke some of my Pineapple haze.

2 Likes

There ya go! I’m about to do the same with some Maui Wowie and Wifi OG

2 Likes

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good Jay,
I am horrible at certain things, so forgive my ignorance. How do I make a ticket? In addition, what icon do I use to copy paste, for issues that may arise in the future? Thanks again, for giving me the info on how it works. Respectfully, Apple 2 E expert!!!

Just copy and paste this, where I tagged, here @S.FloridaSwampman into your post and put in the appropriate information to your grow, It’s that easy. That way all the great growers here can see what you are working with to help figure out what is going on with your plant. It is really helpful, that and photos, which you have already given us. Thanks :slight_smile: :green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes