Too much epsom?

Accidentally mismeasured epsom in my 3 gal mix of jacks at 7.2 instead of 3.6. Should i toss and redo or will it be ok??? @BobbyDigital havent put it in yet.

Stuff is so cheap I would just redo it.

4 Likes

Price dosent matter just dont want to f up my girl. Just not sure if the extra epsom will cause issues.

I’d dump it. I’ve tossed so many 5 gallon buckets from either dumping part B first or measuring too much of this or that. Has hardly knocked a dent in my bags of Jack’s. I have a bunch of premeasured bags of epsom and part A together, and part b by itself. Cuts down on weighing when mixing and it also helps to avoid such issues.

6 Likes

Not worth the chance, redo!

6 Likes

soak your feet in it

6 Likes

Too much magnesium affects the plant’s relationship with calcium, potassium, phosphorus and nitrogen. I wouldn’t risk it, particularly because of the calcium.

Here’s a fun diagram about the relationships between nutrients:

And as a general aside, there should be 2x the amount of Calcium as magnesium in the mix (which makes good sense with jacks being 2 parts Calcium nitrate and 1 part magnesium sulfate).

8 Likes

You are good just got off phone with Peters and they said the exact thing. You get a cookie!

3 Likes

LMAO, The wife suggested my head instead!

1 Like

Sounds like we married sisters.

2 Likes

We should let them get together. I’ll send my wife for a visit.

1 Like

Then move.

3 Likes

when i get the big bags, i will definitely make premade bags for mixing. such a great idea

1 Like

Hey, I learned me a thing or two. :cowboy_hat_face: :v:

3 Likes

I did it because I was suppose to go away for a couple of weeks and my wife was going to be the caregiver. Made enough to make 5 gallons for about 10 weeks. Took like 45 minutes.

2 Likes

After some thought…i figured where i went wrong…it was that early morning bowl before measuring. Problem solvedededed

3 Likes

Good choice. I have magnesium overloaded a plant and it was not an easy fix.

6 Likes

Ya almost let LAZY get me in trouble.

6 Likes

I don’t use jacks but me personally if I did and that had happened I would have just added another dose of what you didn’t over use then just dilute to taste :man_shrugging: . Ofc not using it idk if it is viable long enough to justify that but I would have found out :joy::man_shrugging:

1 Like