Too much baking soda on marijuana

A question from a fellow grower:

I recently used to much baking soda and water on my plants and lots of leaves have died but it’s going back leaves what can I do to get then healthy again thanks for your in put

1st off all I must say; I have never had anyone do this to their plants before :slight_smile: Why did you want to raise your PH?

I would get a fresh pot of soil. Start over with a transplant. You may be able to flush all that out, but I would just make a new pot of soil, transplant, and move on. After watering you should take a PH reading of the run off. If your reading is between 6.5-7.0. You are within the correct range.

What you did was raise the PH so high you shocked the plant and locked out all nutrients. If you have flourishing new growth coming in then you will be able to finish the plant; I imagine.

Best advice I can give with the data you submitted. Hope this helps

Maybe they mean a baking soda solution foliar treatment for fighting off a mold/fungus situation? Spray with lots of clean water and hope for the best, and make sure your soil PH is in a healthy range.

The baking soda solution mixture works and is not a bad non-toxic treatment but you have to be sure your mixture is mild as it will burn the leaves otherwise. After washing off the excess and thoroughly drying as not to get back the fungus problem and as long as you haven’t altered your soil’s ph, you might not need a transplant. I’d continue feeding a mild balanced regimen and that is about all you can do until you see new growth.

1 Like

I see; You think this is in relation to my “mold killer” formula of spraying baking soda water to kill mold, perhaps :slight_smile:

Perhaps we should wait for a reply. Peace

I see; You think this is in relation to my “mold killer” formula of spraying baking soda water to kill mold, perhaps :slight_smile:

Perhaps we should wait for a reply. Peace