I suspect your correct with nutrients
And as @Myfriendis410 stated a support ticket would be best way to approach this situation
Ill add this a flush may be needed it possible your experiencing a nutrient build up in soil
What tyoe of nutrients are you using ?
@Myfriendis410, @Countryboyjvd1971: I’ve never done a flush before and to be honest I’m not looking forward to it because of all the water that’s needed. 10 gal pot * 3 = 30 gals of RO water. It will take me about 20 hours to “make” the water. I don’t even have the equipment to store that much water…
I’ve done some searching and it looks like the problem my be heat stress related. I measure my temp in the shade right on top of the SCROG. The plant/buds are now 4 or 5 inches above the netting. Maybe I need to turn down the lights a bit. When I measure the intensity of the light with an Android app, it reads 45,000 lumens at the tops of the buds.
Ya, that’s going to be a little more difficult to decipher. But the more info the better. He’ll have the most intense light towards center of the screen, where the most light layering is going to happen. If temp at canopy level isn’t any higher than 74, I believe he would be more likely to just bleach them. Which will generally start at closest points to lights. If that temp is under canopy level, then potential is better for this being light/heat damage.
The light definitely has enough ppfd to be dimmed and/or raised beyond what is normal for most. But I’d hate to recommend doing so if that’s not the case. It’s also possible to have an issue like you suggested, or maybe even being under fed due to the amount of light intensity.
The lights are 11" above the top of the highest bud
I started with nutes on day 14 of flower. I’m now at day 44. I follow a FWFWFW schedule. Twice I added the nutes at 50% because I was afraid I was over fertilizing them.
As seen in the photo below, I placed the thermometer on the top of the SCROG net. I have it in the white box placed upside down. I think this gives a truer reading of the actual temp at the height in the tent. It’s basically been placed in the shade.
I’m seeing the curling of the edges at the top of the canopy, not underneath.
PLEASE post any more questions and I’ll try to answer them ASAP…
In the following image you can see to two back rows of the LED/COBs as well as the height of the buds above the net and the distance between the top of the buds and the lights:
That could very well be from lights. Your method seems logical, but it’s blocked from receiving direct impact of lights. 11” sounds pretty low for the amount of light you have. I would expect you to be more around 18”. From average height top. Possibly still dimmed.
I would raise light and keep same intensity. Try to maintain that distance, and if you start to see it react in positive way you can slowly start to try and increase power via dimmer.
Personally, I would give them some time to see if/how they recover. You’re probably stuck with the coloring, but the overall leaf condition should improve some. I’m pretty confident that’s at least part of what’s happening, but on the chance there is something else going on I’d like to be able to see it. Raising lights then increasing intensity is kind of counter productive is all.
I would suggest raising lights and then taking a measurement. Once we can establish improvements, I would split the difference between where your meter measures at 18” and where you measure now.
Do you mind if I ask where you came up with the 45,000 lumens you’re targeting?
I figured the plant in general would receive approximately the same amount of light, but there wouldn’t be any hot spots if they were raised.
I’m using the Android App named “Lux Light”. Another forum member with a similar LED/COB set up was using the app, so I thought I’d give it a try. It at least gives a user/grower a relative point to adjust from. The other grower stated that they were using the 45,000 lumens. I know that different phones/manufacturers would display different results, but like I said, it was a starting point.
The lights are now off for the evening, but I’ll tone them down to ~35,000 tomorrow morning and leave them at that setting for a week to see how it goes. At 44 days into flower, I don’t have many more weeks to go until harvest. At this point I just want to cruise to the finish line…