Too long sprouting?

Wondering if i took to long (approx 6 days) to put into soil? Cant hold up after 4 days in bucket.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. It looks like it stretched past it strength. You can prop it up with something and give it more light. The thirst for light is what caused it to get so leggy.

1 Like

And if you give it a fan with the gentlest breeze it will simulate outdoors wind and help strengthen the stalk
But really barely any breeze on the actual plant

1 Like

So you guys would say its salvageable still?
@Mr_Wormwood @Flitme

2 Likes

Absolutely it will be great !

2 Likes

Mucho gracias!

Yep. Careful if you’re in soil not to over water as well. She can be saved!

2 Likes

Oh yeah she should survive and flourish

2 Likes

For SURE it should be salvageable :slight_smile: Heck i’ve snapped complete bud site branches right at the main stalk joint and took that one as a clone cutting and it’s living and the main plant it broke from acted like she didn’t even notice either, lol. They’re pretty resilient as far as “natural stuff”. Not hard to kill it adding “man-made” stuff though :wink:

2 Likes

She didn’t over stretch. She’s damping off. Medium contains too much moisture. See the color leaving the stem?

All my seedlings are purposely stretched up higher than yours, don’t fall over

If it’s not damping off then it experienced some sort of transplant shock. Which I’ve never seen in a baby. So could be.

1 Like

great info thank you!

I’m just over the 2 week mark (just under 2 week for bottom right) since xfer into buckets. I redirected my two fans to create a real slight turbulence as well as using some soil to prop up stalks that needed!

2 Likes

@Budz @JWhistler @Mr_Wormwood @Flitme @TheVirginian…how do they appear?

2 Likes

Looking good. I see water droplets on the leaves, if this is during your light cycle it can cause burns to the leaves. Recommend trying not to wet the growth. Otherwise right on track bud. Are these autos or photos? And what type of soil?

2 Likes

@JWhistler Ive actually been misting them from time to time…thats the droplets…so STOP doing that lol got it!…these are all gorilla glue autoflowers. Ive actually noticed an uptick in ph, appears now to be over 7(according to my meter) so thinking i need to start bringing that down a touch? The soil is fox farm happy frog.

I did the same thing on my first grow. Probably not a big issue atm but would definitely stop.

1 Like

Those 2 above are a little blurry but will get you close on any issues.

1 Like

Spectacular! Much obliged my friend!

1 Like

Anytime. If you have any questions feel free to tag me or anyone else in using the @ symbol then the name @Shawtime . If I don’t know the answer I can find someone who does!

1 Like