Tomato Tent vs. Build-Your-Own. Thoughts, Opinions, Recommendations?

Would you be able to assemble your own? If not, probably plenty of the knock offs available.

This is my absolute first time at growing and lighting. If the assembly is straight forward without the need for specialized tools (soldering and such), then I can put it together.

I’ll rely on your expertise as to the route to go given a $200-250 budget for lights.

I plan on getting there the Cloudline T4

1 Like

Off top of my head, if you have drill, bits, screwdriver you can probably do it. Definitely shouldn’t need to solder anyway. If you go 2x3 560mm strips would be ideal, but they would be a little long for most 2x2 tents. You can use 280mm strip there.

Example documented fairly well here

I read through the suggested post and I have to applaud you. Great build for not much money. You’re the MacGuyver of lighting.

Given the covid situation, it’s going to be hard to grab all those components to try build it myself and I don’t have the necessary testing equipment to validate it works as intended. DIY lights is probably too much for a n00b like me who’s just trying to keep my first plant alive. Once I get a greener thumb, I’d be down to do this lighting project for a closet space I have available.

I’m bummed the QB 135 is out of stock. Are there any COTS systems that you can suggest that are comparable to QB 135?

1 Like

None I would recommend, that I know of. Looks like multiple places claiming to have 135 r-spec kits in stock within next week or two. Some even allowing pre-order, that’s what I would do.

Hey @dbrn32 … What do you think about the HLG 100 V2? That’s the option thats currently available to ship immediately. Unfortunately I can’t wait for restocking of the 135 and I’m not too sure about if some of these sites claiming to have them are legit.

Disregard. Sorry. They’re back in stock. Just got the notification. I’m building the tent you provided the details / parts list for. Excited AF to give my little ladies a proper home. I’ll post my first real grow with the tent.

1 Like