Toilet Seed Plants under a HLG 260xl rspec kits x 2 COMPLETED

@Oddjelly Nice looking young ladies you have…happy and healthy.

1 Like

I want to compare grows for sure. I topped the shit out of mine.

2 Likes

How far above canopy u keeping ur boards?

@EastCoastP6 It’s about 18” above. Normally I keep the lights at the very top but I have 4 babies close to the same height.

1 Like

Well I did finally gone and do it. I ordered me a jug of Cal-Mg which will be added probably just 1 time per week. Our water is tasting better so a few minerals probably lacking as it’s coming clear out of the tap.

5 Likes

The one plant was close to touching my HLG lights. I turned down the light setting till I get some new wire tomorrow. Going to place the driver on the outside of the tent.

3 Likes

What’s the girls look like now?

2 Likes

I was wondering the same. Dont keep us waiting man!

1 Like

@Oddjelly and @PurpNGold74

They are pretty tall. I’ll get a updated picture tonight. I had to raise one of my HLG’s all the way to the top of my 80” tall tent.

4 Likes

Have they finished stretching yet?

@Cannabian No…my plants continue to stretch pretty much the entire grow cycle. I have dialed down the watts on my HLG kits. After the first flowers shown on my oldest plant she has already passed the 4+ feet tall already and will be going into the 3rd week of flowering next week.

2 Likes

Do you have them in buckets or smart pots? I wonder if there is a noticeable difference? It looks as though @MrPeat is around 4 gallons of a 5 gallon pail? Ish? What amount of medium are you using? Are you both following the same nutritional lineup and program? I really like the idea of comparing results, its a free trial!

Wow! How will you contend with buds smashing off the roof of the tent? Do you think you flipped em too late?

@Oddjelly shows a scrog net, and @MrPeat shows no scrog net, have you scrogged yours Mr. Peat or are you going full Rambo on this grow?

@Cannabian Ok here we go. I use 5 gallon n buckets from Walmart with about 6 drain holes in the very bottom of the bucket. Non-issue as I won’t do pH readings and what not. I had to do that a trillion times. Not for me.

My buckets are between the 1/2 way mark and a little more. I was thinking about changing to those cloth pots but doubtful.

I don’t follow what FF says to do on their nutrients.

I don’t have runoff as I know how to tell how much water is needed by just glancing at them plus many grows under my belt has helped me dial in my system to perfection.

I don’t get mold. I don’t get any insects on my plants nor in the soil. When I say I have it dialed in, I mean that. I don’t take notes. Biochemistry background and my mind is like a trap.

I do need a dossier but for tracking which strains I like and why I should keep growing them.

I’m also not your typical grower. I march in the opposite than most here. I try to keep my hands on down to the barest minimum. If you see how simple I keep it, you would understand. And we have seen my results. The one nug was bigger than a baseball.

Now I will say this. I am replacing my FFOF soil after this 4 plants finish. Considering that my seeds feel in the toilet bowl I was expecting the 4 plants to not even grow. Not a good environment for seeds with tap roots.

4 Likes

@Cannabian I have the Scrog pvc and what not cut up and to my measurements. I decided to put that on hold. I had to take it all out so I could get my GSC Beast out of my 4x4 and I kept hitting the walls and what not it was so fat and tall.

Now I literally have no room in my tent so yes, it’s Rambo Style Full Throttle.

3 Likes

If I have to I will be bend these girls over like I did with my GSC. I have no clue where I will dry it all at. I may take the tent and use it to dry if there is space.

I don’t do a flip actually. I go straight 12/12 hours nice the seeds are in my grow buckets and places in the tent. No, I don’t transplant either. Oh I could but nah…I’m a confident grower…I honestly would hate to see what I could do with a 18/6 cycle then flip to 12/12.

4 Likes

So ill guess that you and @Oddjelly are diametrically opposed when it comes to technique then? No one can dis your bud! Thats for sure!
Im hoping this winter my grow starts to be more like what you have growing on there. Last winter was too hands on. Couldnt leave them for a day, they would suck the containers dry if I left them. All liquid hydro with Dutch buckets… never again. While they grew very fast and such, the lack of a reservoir once the plants got bigger was a mistake!

@Cannabian I’m probably opposite of most growers that go into this hobby that isn’t on a very tight budget.

I’m probably the opposite of Oddjelly. Oh trust me I could let my scientific mind run amuck. But if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. It was a learning curve till I was dialed into in.

2 Likes

Ive done too much studying, I think it causes confusion. It may be possible to overdose on information. I like your method.

1 Like