Toilet Seed Plants under a HLG 260xl rspec kits x 2 COMPLETED

@dbrn32 Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, and Balvenie 12 year olds are a great way to get introduction into Single Malt Scotches.

The style of glasses does effect the taste. I have 3 or 4 different Whisky Snifter glasses. There was a 9 part series a out how Scotch is made and what not. I just can’t remember the name.

Some Single Malts is designed to be cut with water and ice. Me? I ama purist. Straight neat for me. Even the rough ones and if you have one of those, its like a kick to the family jewels. Pretty harsh.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’ve had multiple samplings from each of them. Macallan, Glen Tate, Glenmorangie too. Quite a few 15 and 18 year varieties too.

1 Like

I will list some more today. Just got back to the house. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah single malts are good but, I really like high end tequilas. I cant really afford them though so Im safe! :laughing: yeehaa! Usually once a year a buddy of mine and I celebrate hard with a 200 dollar bottle of tequila. Bad, yes I know but…

3 Likes

@Cannabian I can enjoy most types but Bourbon I am not a fan of. Except Four Roses I can tolerate. I am a Scotch man through and through. Been my favorite since I was a wee lad aka before I was 10 years old. My favorite then was J&B. I have not tried is as an adult.

I went to this one Distillery while I was in South Africa. It was on a top of a mountain and there was a Endangered Species called a Samango monkey. .They made Gin which I also love neat.

I also LOVE REAL Vodka made with potato or wheat. There is a US Law that all Russian Vodkas has to be made with Grains. Which gives it the Rubbing Alcohol taste. I lost track bow many types I had in Moscow, Russia.

We went to a Club not far from the Red Square. We had our privste waitresses and I ordered a shot of Vodka. Ahhh a shot…more like 4 or 5 oz. Got back the University pretty lit up at 4:30am. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

we can buy Luskova potato vodka here, same price as others… its better though I think, though I dont drink vodka neat.

1 Like

I’m a tequila snob kind of as well lmao, i will say though my favorite bottle of tequila only costs me about $30-$40.

3 Likes

If you have a good Vodka, you drink it neat. Vodka aka Водка means Little Water in Russian. Its literally like drinking water. The stuff in the USA is pure rubbing alcohol.

My biggest mistake I only came home with 1 bottle. I didn’t make that mistake coming home from South Africa. VAT 69 is smooth for a blended Scotch. I thought it was a movie prop in Band of Brothers. I was shocked to see it on the shelf for leas than $10.

I draw the line at no more than $1000 for a bottle of a Single Malt.

1 Like

1000 bucks! Whoa big spender!!! Maybe on my death bed?

1 Like

@Cannabian Thats my high end cut off. The one time I was at the Scottish Whisky Heritage Museum in Edinburgh I got the last of a Glenfiddich was a 40 year old and that was the best I have ever had.

The bartender gave me the empty bottle and its from the 1964 Reserva line. This means only 1 cask is released for each year. Worth every single penny. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Here is the current photo of my experiment with zero nutrients added.

9 Likes

Year I was born… good year!

Strange? It should be dead…

1 Like

@Cannabian You would think she be dead but you can clearly see she is eating up the fan leaves and she is still producing more fan leaves.

She is no monster. But its all good.

1 Like

@kaptain3d Here is one of my trays I picked up. I saw a post you did awhile back.

5 Likes

Nice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
VSyndicate does great trays, imo!

1 Like

Since we’re showing off trays… How long has it been since you have seen one of these?

4 Likes

@Maccasaddler My other topic.

1 Like

Mate they are some serious colas :ok_hand::sunglasses: i see your a pipe man aswell :facepunch:

2 Likes

I’m more of a Bong fan but I am collecting unique pipes as well. Go to the beginning and work to the end.

12/12 for is for multiple reasons. Texas heat with no Central AC. I am on a fixed income as a 100% Disabled Veteran. And lastly…power isn’t cheap here…we are at $0.20 a KW. :pensive::pensive::pensive:

1 Like