Today's Feel Good Moment (non-pot related)

I’m so impressed with this I thought I’d share. Made me feel good that people are out there doing smart things.

My daughter’s high school brought in puppies from a local shelter to relieve mid-term stress. Not only did the kids relax for a while giving them a chance to clear their heads, but the shelter dogs got some love, attention and human interaction.

What a great idea! Kudos to the school and shelter for putting this together. It sickens me how many dogs (all pets really) get abandoned so this made me feel really good :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Very cool…a great story for a rainy day!

2 Likes

Her school is very progressive. High-efficiency building, all automated for best energy efficiency. This is just one more example.

Manchester By the Sea, where the movie was filmed.

1 Like

Beautiful area. Rescue dogs are the best. Got mine 14 years ago, she still thinks she’s a puppy.

2 Likes

My lab is a rescue. Great dog!

2 Likes

Very awesome. Every dog I’ve owned in last 25 years is a rescue!

1 Like

That’s awesome and a great idea
I wouldn’t be surprised to find out a few even get adopted :+1::grin:
And yes sir both my boxers are rescues
And they show me every day that they appreciate it :v:

4 Likes

What an awesome idea! If we weren’t 50 miles away from the nearest shelter, I would suggest that at my town’s school. Have you guys heard of the READ Program (Reading Educational Assistance Dogs)? If I ever get another puppy after my two senior dogs cross the Bridge, I would love to train it to be a READ at the school in my town.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Wasn’t familiar with READ until you mentioned it. Googled it and watched a video explaining it. Fantastic!

1 Like

Very cool thanks for sharing this

2 Likes

I bet your daughter would love to adopt a Shelter Pet?

I never miss an opportunity to post a picture of my cat (she rescued me)

4 Likes

Yeah, they’re picking up 2 9-month old cats today. Their 13-year-old cat passed last week :frowning: We always do shelters.

1 Like

Very Nice…! :cat2::cat2:

1 Like

I was looking at the one in your link. Are you involved with the rescue or a supporter. Maybe both of course.

An ex & I did 10 years in rescue with P.A.W.S but that was around the turn of the century, the Calico wandered in one day when I was barbecuing about a year ago next to dead And The Tiger is my neighbor’s cat but she basically lives on my porch, they’re pretty good with her but I feed her anyway

1 Like

Animals are great! I don’t know how people can abandon them. Or torture them. I signed a couple petitions yesterday regarding animal abuse. I’m actually concerned I would snap if I saw it actually happening.

I was going to explain what the petitions were about but I can’t even type it. Puts me in an outrage.

Sorry I had to edit that they don’t like you to swear around here anymore

It made me mad that mad just thinking about it I still have the videos I told him if you want to call the cops I’ll stay right here buddy

But yeah I filmed the son-of-a-gun abusing the guys dog and about the third or fourth time I saw it I went off my stuff man I barely contain myself and I went right around and told the other neighbor showed him the video figured let him kill the little so and so

Crazy how people can be so cruel to an animal that can’t or doesn’t want to defend itself. I’m pretty sure I would jump in which could cause a downward spiral as I think I’d be driven by anger at that point.

1 Like

Is she a tortoise @Paranorman ?

1 Like

I know that’s a thing with calicos but I’m not exactly sure what it means, in fact it’s just since I’ve got her I’ve read all about calicos they’re pretty interesting there’s almost no Calico males and the few that do survive are not able to reproduce, so calicos can’t be bred, it’s really interesting, it’s almost Chicken and the Egg Paradox where they originated or I guess how they originated

1 Like