Today's Challenge

Guys a Fellow Grower is talking about having problems with Russet Mites. He says you cant get rid of them. Help me prove him wrong! Anybody with experience on this please chime in. Best methods, products etc…

P.S. I do not have or have never had them so I have no experience in the topic. I just feel some of you could help a brother out lol

I think that @Agrestic just battled them recently :v:

2 Likes

i didn’t even try to battle them. my battle was diagnosing the problem- took forever. i have since discovered plant therapy but i think i’d still only try and fight if the plants were small enough to clean every leaf every day and then every few days. or small enough to dunk into a bucket of it. wish i had more encouragement to give :frowning:

1 Like

If you Google “russet mites” there are plenty of web pages and videos on how to deal with them. In fact, most appear to be cannabis-related pages/videos.

1 Like

and most of them are BS :wink:

1 Like

@CoyoteCody has them right now as well. Not sure I’d he has russet but mites is mites… little effers… Wo…forgot were I was, I’ll get challenged. Mites is not mites, bad saying there are good mites and predatory ones as well thems would be good… LoL
Azamax worked for me a year ago w spider mites, neem oil is a go to as well 2 TBL spoons /gal…

2 Likes

Still nothing on the plant, waiting on a couple of things to show up so I can treat, I’m going to use azamax and also a soil drench.

1 Like

I used this and it worked great. Supposedly you can use it through flower

2 Likes

Search a product called Miticide Green

1 Like

I have it already just havent had to use it much

1 Like

Man brother your infested.

1 Like

I will check it out, I put a torch to the side of the pots yesterday and there has been little activity since, I have a couple of things coming to try to get rid of them.

1 Like

you ID them? any damage to the plants? they kinda look what i have and i think they’re harmless dust mites. hard to tell. they could be broads but not sure what power x you’re using. dust mite eggs are round and cloudy, broads are oblong and have white dots. can’t see broads without high power.

just get plant therapy and be done with it. or beneficial predators. azamax and other nasties dont get eggs and then you end up with immune mites.

2 Likes

I think they are mold mites? Maybe lol I dont know, I wish there was an easier way to identify them and there is so many different kinds of them, I’m using what I believe is a x60 digital microscope. I have an uncle about 30 miles away that has a crap load of ladybugs but I cant get there right now. I will look into getting some delivered.

1 Like

I read mixed reviews on ladybugs.

WTF are mold mites??? god i thought i’d looked at pics of every single mite in existence. they look exactly like dust mites. mold mites also do not bode well for your plants if that’s what they feed on. just on the initial look, mold mites look like their head is separated a little more from their body where as the dust mite is slighly more of a blob. i can also just make them out as a white dot with bare eyeballs

so i’m gonna suggest Plant Therapy one more time cuz it’ll take care of both. californicus is a decent predator if the infestation isn’t terrible.

2 Likes

Ok I will get it, you talked me into it.

2 Likes

Here is some more info on the mold mite. I know its wiki but there is still some useful info on there lol.

2 Likes

check this out
2 Likes