To water, or not to water. That is the question

My girls are in preflower phase and when I stick my finger in the soil it is just barely damp. Is it safer to wait a day with the possibility of them maybe wilting a little instead of risk over watering?

1 Like

It is better to go through a complete wet to dry cycle to promote root growth and prevent root rot. Roots need oxygen and if kept in wet soil too long will drown.

5 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I will wait until tomorrow and see what happens. Worst case scenario is they look a little wilted until I give them a drink.

3 Likes

You might be surprised at how long they go. They really get incredibly light before they run out of water.

2 Likes

Normally my plants in flower drink every other day, but since the temps started to drop at night there growing to two full days with out feeding or watering, witch I’m loving.

2 Likes

My last soil grow in this summer SoCal climate, in 10 gallon fabric pots, was 4 days. So that tracks @Wishingilivedina420state.

2 Likes

Cali got that good weather.
Louisiana just hot

1 Like

Yeah, but you have mosquitoes for shade don’t you? Hahaha! @Wishingilivedina420state

1 Like

Rotflmao :joy: yeah but they bite! And some of them carried west nile. The love bugs make better shade . Love bugs were created to ear mosquitoes but that didn’t work out right . All they seem to eat the paint on my car or truck.

3 Likes

@Wishingilivedina420state we lived on Chincoteague Island when I was a nipper and the saying there was the 'skeeters done interbred with the ducks!

1 Like

We say they breed with the gators to get pterodactyl skeeters

3 Likes