To trim or not to trim…

Hey what’s going on guys? I was looking for some advice on my sour diesel photo, should I trim these bottom shoots or let them grow?I did some LST by tying them down and outward,they are growing up towards the light but they are lower on the plant, What would be the best plan of action for this? Thanks!

1 Like

clones?

2 Likes

Are you suggesting making clones out of them? This was started from seed. I could make clones out of them, I was wondering if it would be healthier for the plant to not have those bottom shoots growing

2 Likes

If it were me I would cut those lower branches off and let the plant give the energy to the buds that will get good light

8 Likes

I agree, those bottom branches aren’t gonna give you much bud anyway, removing them will allow the plant to focus on the top branches where all your good bud will be.

Looks like you could have a magnesium deficiency, the yellowing between the veins is usually a good indication.

4 Likes

I appreciate it! I was thinking the exact same thing

1 Like

Thank you! I was also thinking that! It’s funny you say that because I was just looking at the leaves right now and thought the same thing! I gave it a little blue planet calmag pro formula.Hopefully that corrects the deficiency

Is that leaf deformed it looks like some other leaves have heavy ridges might check for soil aphids you need a jeweler scope

2 Likes

I’m telling you to cut the branch and clone them in case this pheno turns out to be fire. Two birds…

2 Likes

Bigger pot … how long are you trying to go ? This might take some energy from main colas, anyways it will absorb all the suffuse of light and if the soil has nutrients, it will balance out , make sure you bend them outward for good light

2 Likes

I checked I didn’t see any aphids but I did have that problem a few weeks ago with another plant and I had to go through a lot to get rid of them. I was thinking it could be from the heat, it’s been getting hot some days over here :thinking:

You’re right that makes sense! I’ll cut those and make some clones out of them see how they take. I appreciate it

1 Like

I think that’s a 2 gallon, I’m not trying to go to long just enough to get some good buzz out of it nothing major.I have some blueberry, Bruce Banner and purple Kush that I wanna start up after this.Are you saying to bring them outward , tie them down and not cut them?

I’ll check again, now I can’t stop thinking about it lmao

Maybe bigger pot - and yeah tie down those buds

1 Like

Any ideas on what’s going on here?

Self pruning-

Ok so I should clip those? And if so should It be topped or all the way to the main stem?

1 Like