To top or not to top peoples opinions

So I’m debating if to top my girl or not what does everyone reckon??
So when topping do I cut the bit inbetween the fan leafs at the top (see red lines on photos)

1 Like

It looks like you have issues going on. I wouldn’t top it till they are taken care of. Lots of curling going on.

4 Likes

Yeah, as for topping, I’d try and sort the current issues with leaf curling first. I topped 4 of my ten. I’m just Experimenting and having fun with mine. Best of luck to you when you do top them.:v:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

What options do I have for leaf curling??

Okay googled it guess it’s because I’m giving them to much nutrients

1 Like

You will need to fill out a support ticket so we can help figure out what’s going on with them.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are newer photos do these look better lol

1 Like
  • Method: Soil with seaweed perlite guaoma and worm castings
  • Vessels: Pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
    I’m currently using big bud and miracle gro
  • Indoor
  • Light system 1200w phlizon
  • Temps; Day 24.5 , Night 21.4
  • Humidity; Day 73%, Night 60%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, Size 6"
1 Like

Could be your watering schedule, could be nutrient burn. I burned mine at first, but they recovered beautifully. Yeah, fill in the information to get a better idea from the seasoned veterans. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Mine are all between 4 foot and nearly 7 foot tall. Next year, I’ll have a better space.

4 Likes

I used soil that I made over a few years, I mixed in seaweed, horse manure and various soil I took home. I work with excavators so I get lots of different soils. Never tried pre bought soil as what I made has a fungus network which seems to do me fairly well. This is my first grow on my own, seen and helped many friends over the years and learned a few things from them. I’m sure you’ll get it right with some advice and tweaking of your settings. :crossed_fingers::seedling:

2 Likes

Looks like your red line is correct for topping.
In the first set of pics had you just sprayed the plants with water?
Also you may want to eventually add more soil so that it comes up to within a couple inches of the rim of the container. Will lose some lower branches maybe but if you add a little at a time they may grow up through it while adding roots from them as it’s covered.
Do you have a PH meter and a TDS meter?
If the soil has the proper mix of nutrients you shouldn’t have to feed anything but water for awhile.
What brand soil did you use? Pic of bag or brand etc.
More details allow for better assistance.
Miracle grow what? And how much are you using and how often are you watering and how are you deciding when to water etc etc.

3 Likes

My first thought was N toxicity. The second set of pictures looks better but advize you discontinue the Miracle Grow. Big bud is more appropriate for flowering. Soil if done properly needs nothing until at the very least flower.

You don’t have a PH or TDS meter yet and that 's a pair of really important tools. You will not be a successful cannabis grower unless you can manage and control PH.

3 Likes

Yes the first photo I had just watered

Okay I shall try and add more soil as it goes along
I use paper ph at the minute which says my ph is 6 on a chart i know it’s not very accurate but as my ph meter dropped and broke until I get a new one
So I’ve got a 10l distilled water and added 10ml miracle gro and 10ml big bud to the water and just use it when I need it I’m roughly going through 500ml of water in a spray bottle to cover 2 plants I stick my finger in the soil up to my first knuckle to see if I can feel moisture if I can then I leave it and if I dont I water

That soil seems pretty nute loaded. (If its just the pro and not the pro plus) that plus the mg (it can grow weed, just hard to use with beginners, its wicked strong) and :boom: N toxicity as @Myfriendis410 and the gang hinted at.

To fix just give straight water for a while. Possibly til flowering starts.

He also mentiond ph and tds meters. Those are lifesavers when growing indoors. A good meter is the Apera 20. Around $45 on Amazon. U can get a $10-12 tds on there. Its not as sensitive as the pH meter requires.

Right now u need the tds to check your soil ppms (parts per million, or total dissolved solids in your soil) just to see whats going on in there.

Last thing. The leaf edges look a bit warm as well. How far from tops in that light?

Welcome to ILGM!

2 Likes

Thank you I shall I buy a ph reader I was just waiting so I could get a decent one spend abit more money on it which I havent got at this exact moment in time hense why I’m using ph paper which isnt accurate enough so how far as the tops from the light my light is 20" away from the plant

Looked up the miracle grow product and it is a NPK of 1-1-1 this won’t get you through the entire grow for cannabis. You’ll need to consider other options for feeding for success.
Not sure on the soil I looked that up too but didn’t find and ingredient list of what it contains. It did mention that it only would feed a plant for a week which didn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

Okay what foodnl would you reccomend getting going forward

Theirs a diff between the pro and the pro plus. I found a debate on another forum. :joy::joy: long story short. The plus is like light warrios. The pro is N heavy or more like OF

But that 1-1-1 ratio isnt as bad as i expectd… maybe just heavy handed with those mL

2 Likes