To small for cloning?

@Hellraiser

Are these considered sucker branches? Can I clone them?

1 Like

Yep those smaller branches growing off the larger branches are what I call sucker branches and yes they can be used for clones, though I like them to get at least 3-4 inches tall to make them easier to work with.

6 Likes

Are these sucker leaves?

1 Like

Yeah I remove a lot of those older bigger leaves a few weeks into flower, many growers like to do it on day 21 of flowering when the stretch is about over, to get more light to bud sites, more airflow thru the plants, less humidity (less large leaves transpiring).

4 Likes

Thanks my friend.

Should I be conservative when pruning the autos?

Many auto growers would probably say so, though I know auto growers that do everything they’re not supposed to do with autos LOL (transplants, topping, defoliating) and grow great plants regardless. But to be on the safe side, don’t go overboard with it and with your nice large grow room the plants aren’t as crowded up as they often are in tents so not as needed.

3 Likes

:beers:

I’d buy u a beer if I could.

2 Likes

And I would drink it, love free beer!

5 Likes

What’s ur opinion of these little popcorn sites?

I’d normally remove those before flowering as I typically remove all bud sites on the lower third of the plants so that energy can be redirected to upper buds that get more light, but I’d leave them at this point as they already quite developed, will make nice sampler buds in a few weeks.

3 Likes

Pruned.

2 Likes

Looking great up north💪 @Hellraiser has got ya set. But if I could add 1 thing,
When you are ready to take clones off of the suckers try to find a nice spot 3-4" from the tip. Prune and trash the rest of that branch unless it has any 3-4" shoots, clip and clone those as well.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I get my cloner this coming Tuesday. I left a bunch of sites intact so I have some to try.

1 Like

Clones Rock!:metal:

1 Like

What is the monetary value of a feminized clone?

In upstate 4 pack $75 but this is only from very well known growers that document all stages of root growth with pics… Everyone else $10 a pop and if they suck won’t last as word gets around quick.

1 Like

@NYDon these were $12.50 a piece

1 Like

What sativa is that up front?

Lemon Candy , here’s a pic of her Mother

1 Like

Prob my fav outdoor pic​:muscle::heart_eyes::muscle::heart_eyes:
I love sativa’s and the citrus sides🤘
Gonna have to try and remember that strain.

1 Like