To scrog or not to scrog?

Yeah @Paranorman I wont be buying another one of the Exhale bags either . When I first started to grow I flipped my shit and bought a bunch of unnecessary stuff . I have soil , perlite , tons of nutrients D.E. basically I got on here and was convinced I was at one point going to need all the stuff that I was reading about and not have it so I just started buying the things that had helped others grow . Now I got way to much crap I dont need .

1 Like

Ok, as with all things everyone has an opinion and most differ, not that any are wrong, just different. That being said all I can do Is offer my experience. I chose to scrog my first grow and am so happy I did. It’s not hard and for my setup/situation worked perfectly. I grew 2 plants and they both did spectacular (especially for a newbie). I believe I have a few post under scrogs along with some pics to give you an idea. Bottom line whatever method you choose to use simply read others post on here and gleen from their mistakes/experiences and feel free to ask questions. The info for me was invaluable and in my mind helped make my first grow a success.
Good luck and happy herbal holidays!

5 Likes

Ahh, different views. You are so correct!

6 Likes

I understand. And that’s the reason I mention it, it’s an expensive enough hobby without buying the unnecessary

Also if things can be shown as a fact are they opinion any longer ? (Enquiring minds want to know!)

2 Likes

Yeah I was going to go with a different soil than ffof and black gold this time to use up some of the extra crap I bought and didn’t need because of how much the soil already had . Then I thought dont be stupid you found a way that worked good the first time don’t change anything. So I will use the extra in my regular veggie garden in spring and only use water and Azos , Mykos , Mammoth P. Until I get ready to transition .

4 Likes

Where can I pick it up or is it online order only?

1 Like

For my soil I did it the same as my first grow, only with a different base potting soil. In 3 5 gallon pots I split a 5lb bag of perlite, vigoro organic veggie soil, about 2lb bag of left over miracle grow with a touch of regular top soil and drilled holes all around my pots for root control and breathability. Its a simple mix but it potent enough for strong vegetation early on. I will start a gradual nute regimen a bit more intense than my last grow but want to keep it all organic toward flowering. Fox farm big bloom is organic but tiger bloom is not, so i only use it after about a week of flower to week 5 then only big bloom and a slight molasses dose as well. Now I am ready to go beyond my first modest attempt, and step it up a bit. Tried some of my cured cheese auto after a good sugar leaf trim and man o man…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I just have amazon deliver everything but it is in most hydroponic and organic grow shops probably a bit cheaper but I live a ways outside of town so I do my shopping online .

1 Like

How does mixture of vinegar and baking soda for Co2 work? What are the measurements? I am a “new new” grower meaning that I have never grown ANYTHING.

2 Likes

I couldn’t answer that back when I thought I needed it I used sugar, water and a yeast concoction but most indoor gardens (and I’m talking probably well over 95%) don’t need CO2

I’m curious, considering you say you don’t have any experience why you think you need CO2 …just curious thanks

1 Like

I have been doing a lot of reading and research. I saw some growers speak on co2 and buying Expensive devices to increase co2. I also came across others saying it was crucial to their Grow. Me however am an indoor first time grower. I know enough about photosynthesis that I learned in grade school lol. So I have been reading a lot about growin marijuana everywhere. So your statement just sparked curiosity that’s all.

Very hot high production grow rooms often do use it

your average grow tent in your basement or your house doesn’t need it, save you money

you’re going to see tons of gimmicks just like with every other thing in life, somebody going to sell you a better mousetrap around the next Corner

sup to you, good luck! :thumbsup:

4 Likes

I’m with @Paranorman co2 it’s not needed for most indoor home growers I used it for a while and truth is I saw no difference from using and not using it
Save your $

4 Likes

@Ntense after reading everything about scrogging I’m convinced that this is the way to go, I’m a first time grower myself and I’m growing durban poison, I’ve got a thread, I’m at 5 weeks this weekend, would you mind giving me some pointers? And when do I start the scrog

@darren I’ll be happy to answer anything I can, feel free to ask any specifics and I’ll answer to best of my ability. As for when to start I would think now… start LST’ing them under the net. Try and look at the grow as a chess game… what I mean by that is look several moves ahead. As you start bending and moving limbs around under the net try and do so by anticipating growth and allowing room to continue to do so filling up the net and not just one side. Hope that makes sense? As for how long to veg, that’s dependent on how quick you are filling up the net. Keep in mind there will be stretching as it continues to grow after flipping to 12/12 so you need to allow for that additional growth.
After plant stretch is complete its all downhill from there.

Hope this helps a little and let me know if you have any specific questions… keep us posted and happy growing!

4 Likes

Thanks @Ntense , I love the chess analogy as I love to play chess, I have tagged you in my post durban poison, first time grow, I hope if you have any pictures of scrogging, you can share them with me on there, I really appreciate all of your help and thanks again

2 Likes

@darren no worries, that’s what we are all here for… I’ll check it out later… I actually have a thread or two on my first grow ( scrog ) that should have pics of how I set things up… if you can’t find them let me know and I’ll be happy to upload some.

2 Likes